Cosa c'è di nuovo?

One/Series Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes
La nostra storia inizia in un angolo di Allraan, un mosaico di nazioni con culture e valori diversi.
A colpi di spada e con l'uso di oggetti incantati conosciuti come "lenti runiche", la storia di questa terra è stata forgiata da alleanze e aggressioni tra umani, uomini bestia, elfi e i popoli del deserto che vi risiedono.
L'Impero di Galdea ha ottenuto un vantaggio sulle altre nazioni scoprendo una tecnologia che amplifica il potere delle lenti runiche. Ora l'Impero sta setacciando tutto il continente, alla ricerca di un artefatto che aumenterà ancora il suo potere.
Durante una di queste spedizioni Seign Kesling, un giovane e promettente ufficiale imperiale, e Nowa, un ragazzo di un villaggio lontano, si incontrano e diventano amici. Presto, però, uno scherzo del destino li trascinerà nel fuoco della guerra e li costringerà a rivalutare tutto quello che ritengono giusto e vero. 
Giocatori: 1
Co-op: No
Genere: Role-Playing
Data di rilascio:
Publisher: 505 Games

Rufy21100

Re dei Pirati
Supporter
LV

Iscritto dal
31 Dic 2013
Reazioni
Medaglie
titoloseziones.png

INFORMAZIONI:
  • Piattaforme: Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, PC
  • Lista Obiettivi: ---

VIDEO:
Trailer di annuncio

Trailer Gamescom 2022

IMMAGINI:
567b9c26d94b6591f3887b3d222ee8b1_original.png

2783fb5f6b4fa431917bf5426df03fba_original.png

dfd72dafc72797eda0a2e9c3ababf1c8_original.png

ARTICOLI:

Ultima modifica da un moderatore:

MajorCavax

LV

Iscritto dal
31 Mag 2012
Reazioni
Medaglie
In poche ore dall'inizio della campagna Kickstarter, sia la versione Xbox One che la versione Xbox Series X sono state finanziate con successo! Inoltre, riguardo il discorso sottotitoli:

L'uscita stimata del gioco al momento è Ottobre 2022.

MajorCavax

LV

Iscritto dal
31 Mag 2012
Reazioni
Medaglie

We are honored to announce the new partnership and publisher agreement between Rabbit & Bear Studios and 505 Games for Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes. With overwhelming support from the community Eiyuden Chronicle became the #1 funded Kickstarter video game of 2020. Thank you for being a member of the Eiyuden Chronicle family and supporting our new exciting RPG adventure.

Featuring a unique setting, carefully-crafted storyline and a massive cast of characters, Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes is a celebration of a game-genre readily associated with studio lead Yoshitaka Murayama (Suikoden I & II) and director Osamu Komuta. Both parties hope this title to be the first of many that come out of this partnership.

“We have dreamed of developing a game for genre fans for many years which also celebrates everything we love and have learned as game designers. Our team is looking forward to working with 505 Games to bring Eiyuden Chronicle to as many fans around the world as possible.
Eiyuden Chronicles is both a throwback to the classic RPG games that have entertained millions and a modern, exciting tale of discovery and adventure featuring a cast of hundreds of fully realized characters. Given their success and history with titles like Bloodstained and DEATH STRANDING and with the strong personal relationship we have developed with the people there, we feel we have the perfect partner in 505 Games”
said Yoshitaka Murayama, Studio Lead at Rabbit & Bear.

Originally announced as a Kickstarter campaign in July 2020, the game surpassed its funding goal with the first day and went on to become the most successful campaign on Kickstarter for a video game in 2020. Eiyuden Chronicle will feature a traditional 6-character battle system utilizing painstakingly created 2D sprites and gorgeous 3D backgrounds with a deep and intricate story written by master storyteller Murayama-san.
Rabbit & Bear features a team of renowned videogame veterans including: Murayama, Komuta as well as Junko Kawano, Osamu Komuta, Junichi Murakami, Michiko Naruke and Motoi Sakuraba. These individuals have credits including Wild Arms, Time Hollow, and Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow and are considered pioneers in the field of JPRG (Japanese role-playing games.) These franchises alone consist of multiple titles and millions of units sold.
Fonte

Olorin

LV

Iscritto dal
11 Set 2014
Reazioni
Medaglie

Al minuto 24:22 trovate l'intervista con la character designer Junko Kawano e il director Osamu Komuta

Ultima modifica:

Geddoe

Capomoderatore
retrogames
jrpg world
LV

Iscritto dal
27 Dic 2012
Reazioni
Medaglie
Update di Settembre :ahsisi:

September 2022 Update​

Rabbit & Bear StudiosCreatore
28 settembre 2022
Hey there heroes!
We’ve been hard at work promoting Eiyuden Chronicle at Gamescom and most recently Tokyo Game Show, so this month’s update will be about how those shows went. We hope you all liked the new trailer!

Tokyo Game Show 2022​

―Murayama
We at Rabbit & Bear Studios participated in this year's Tokyo Game Show. We also released a new trailer at Gamescom.
We still haven't revealed everything about Eiyuden Chronicle yet. But you can get a glimpse of Noah running through a town, and see lots of party members fighting in battle.
The trailer shows the themes we're going for in Eiyuden Chronicle. The battle scenes are rather striking, and the pixel art for the characters can look somewhat like a comic, sometimes humorous or sometimes serious. We believe that will make players feel affection towards the characters.
Another thing we showed off was the pixel art characters being drawn deep in backgrounds. In older 2D games the graphics were pan-focused, making the characters, the depth of the backgrounds and the foregrounds all the focal point.
But in Eiyuden Chronicle we make our backgrounds with depth-of-field, and it allows for the camera movement in battles, or things like the changes in depth in the scene with Noah running in town. We can also make use of changing different light sources.
Everyone's favorite pixel art style, enhanced and made more lively by modern graphical expression. That's the world we're aiming for in Eiyuden Chronicle.
Now, as for TGS itself, I wasn't able to get around the venue much myself. I was so busy that I used what little spare time I had using a massage chair at an internet cafe to get back as much energy as I could.
It helped cancel out the lack of sleep I was going through.
―Kawano
Hi, everyone! It's Kawano.
I'm glad we were able to show off Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising and a new video of Eiyuden Chronicle.
In the future, I'd like to reveal some additional information (while not spoiling anything, of course). Please keep your eyes peeled for that.
And it seems like the JRPG space is starting to get pretty lively! That makes me very happy. It also means that we have to work hard to make Eiyuden Chronicle a game that you'll all love. It's got me all psyched up again.
Later!
―Murakami
Thanks for TSG 2022!
In TGS 2022, we were able to release a new trailer and announce the voice actors. I wish to express my thanks to everyone from the official broadcast, people who watched the interviews, and everyone who came to the venue. Thank you all so very much! It made me very happy to see opinions and support from everyone around the world.
This was the first time all of the staff were able to get together to participate in TGS. The first time in a long time we were able to do an announcement face-to-face. I was worried that I'd get really nervous, but seeing members and fans gathered together made me feel very reassured. When the time came, I was able to help put on a fun announcement with my friends keeping me from getting nervous.
As far as production goes, like I said, we're really into the production phase and very busy. But we wanted to make sure we could get some new info out to you guys, and worked hard on the new trailer. I really wanted to show off the dueling scene, so I might've put too much in for the Gamescom version. But what did you think? Did you enjoy it?
I've got so many other scenes I want to show you all. We're going to slowly start showing more and more as we go, so we hope you're looking forward to it.
And man, face-to-face events are great. It's taking the efforts and expectations of many to keep this project going. And we will succeed, no matter what. We want to make you all happy. Those four days increased my motivation to its limits.
This time, it was an event in our home country. But there are plenty of game events overseas. This event made me think that if we have the chance, I'd love to go to venues around the world and meet you all. I pray that that day comes soon...
Now I'm super psyched for production, and will work hard to make you all proud. I thank you all, and ask for your continued support.
J Murakami
―Komuta
So, TGS 2022 is over. Komunichiwa, komubanwa. This is Komuta, the guy who even turned into a rabbit at the TGS venue.
This is what it was like backstage at the official broadcast.
264a93199c48a6ee196e841457c4a5bb_original.jpg

Even with TGS over, we had so many warm comments from people who saw the official broadcasts, stage events, and interviews. Thank you all so very much!
And finally... finally, we were able to show you guys footage of Eiyuden Chronicle actually running at Gamescom and TGS 2022! We're sorry that it took us over a year since the last video at E3.
We've had a lot of responses to the trailer, and it has my happiness gauge and pressure gauge filled past the max levels! (lol)
For the TGS trailer, we added even more new footage and even voices this time! I feel like a lot of people were surprised at the voices.
That's right, we've already begun recording the voiceovers. I can't believe it. I don't want to believe it. Someone stop time!
We're being pushed ahead with a lot of busy things, but even so I'd still like to give you guys some progress reports on how development is going every now and again. We're giving our all so that this game will be something you all will truly enjoy! Thank you all for your continued support!
P.S. There were a lot of extra things I wanted to show you guys, but we ran out of room footage-wise. There's so many scenes I wanted to show you all! (Crying)
So instead I'll sneak in a screenshot of Hugo slicing an enemy in two in a single stroke.
cdecd9fec0d2bca354c931d85c647021_original.png

Geddoe

Capomoderatore
retrogames
jrpg world
LV

Iscritto dal
27 Dic 2012
Reazioni
Medaglie
Update di Novembre :pokidance:

AGGIORNAMENTO #50

November 2022 Update​

24 novembre 2022
Hey there heroes!
The holiday season is quickly approaching, so hopefully that means good food, good family time, and good gaming! For those who haven’t checked out Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising, now could be a great opportunity to do so!
Now, let’s discuss some quick logistics!
We’re going to be reaching out to premium backers throughout November with regards to their special rewards. It’s taken a while, but we've put the right processes in place and development has reached a point where we can start putting the wheels in motion. Thank you so much for your patience!

PRODUCTION UPDATES

Character Profile​

Clarke
c89116d4ba6ea1bceed1d408dbffaa79_original.png

Home: The League of Nations
Favorite Drink: Herbal tea
A middle-aged divorcé who manages the theater.
Not much fazes him anymore, but every now and then he'll discover some new play and gab about it with the passion of someone younger.
In the past, Clarke put so much energy into his theater troupe that his wife left him.
It was a difficult time.
At the theater, he always wears a suit and coat.
He's careful about how he presents himself, in keeping with the sense of wonder and imagination he wants to project on stage.
"The stage is my life, and I live for the stage. Ladies and gentlemen: tonight, for your enjoyment, I present this fleeting dream. Let the show begin!"
Character Common: Kawano
Clark is a man who loves the theater, but he is a presenter and an organizer, not the showman himself. I wanted to give the impression that he was always considering his next scene...so I gave him a slight look of consternation.
The theater in the game is going to have a huge number of variations when it comes to character interactions, so I'm excited to start experimenting with them!

Murayama's Monthly Development Report​

The Theater System
The main town in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes will have a lot of mini-game facilities, one of which being The Theater.
This works by assigning characters roles in your play of choice, and then having them perform to their friends.
Depending on the character, you can enjoy watching them play their roles faithfully, over enthusiastically, fumble their lines, or shorten them on purpose! This variety should be a lot of fun to watch unfold.
Isn’t it exciting to imagine how Nowa, Seign, Marisa and the others will react in their roles?
We want to have a system in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes that lets as many characters as possible have their time in the spotlight. The theater is one such system.
We hope you look forward to seeing how your favorite character performs on stage.
Not only that, but we’re also recording voice lines for the theater and the experience has been filled with enthusiastic performances, laughter and praise.
This dialogue contains some 15,000 lines of text, which is roughly the amount you would expect to see in a regular game.

A Word from the Team​

J-diary vol.7
Hello, Murakami J here.
Now the mayhem of TGS has passed, we are all hands on deck and busy every day.
Thanks to the hard work of our team, we finally have the basic materials for the main characters and backgrounds, so we are pushing ahead with making the remaining materials.
Since much of my day is filled with a lot of meetings and supervision work, I’ve been working on adding material little by little once my regular work is done. I’ve recently been making characters for the hot spring scenes and such.
Simply putting characters into hot springs is tough in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes. One scene alone means X(100 + α) more cuts to make (lol).
To that end, and to avoid panicking down the road, I'm doing my own work whenever I get a chance.
But in doing that, I’m faced with a number of questions.
For example, “Isn’t it weird for this character to wear a hat in the hot spring?” or “They’ll have to tie their long hair up before getting in the water,” are just for starters. What about what they’re wearing under their outfits?
I approached one character after the other, putting together bath time versions for each, and after a while it’s now possible to tell who is who, even in their bare pixel form! How cool is that?
I was actually a little worried.
You see, usually changing the costume, accessories or other distinctive features like a character’s hairstyle on their pixel art is likely to make many of them look the same as one another, especially as there are so many. But that didn’t happen this time. The individuality of each character is pretty clear.
I think this comes down to everyone having unique physiques and physical expressions—something we talked about a few times at Tokyo Game Show.
I thought changing even the quirky hairstyles would be difficult, so I was very happy in a humble way (even though I made them myself...lol).
So, I hope you look forward to the hot springs bringing out a different side to the characters.
Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes is filled with a lot of things to enjoy outside of the main storyline, so I’m sure things will only get busier for us going forward.
These elements aren’t just bonus content and each has a meaningful place within the game. We want to proceed without forgetting to focus on even the smallest of details.
Ahhh...
Talking about hot springs is making me want to go to one, myself.
It’s becoming the perfect time of year for them.
Come to think of it, how many countries in the world have a hot spring bathing culture?
I should find out.
MURAKAMI J
a9c08ebd80f1045c37575eeb4644f81a_original.png

Geddoe

Capomoderatore
retrogames
jrpg world
LV

Iscritto dal
27 Dic 2012
Reazioni
Medaglie
Update di Dicembre :eee:

December 2022 Update​

21 dicembre 2022
Hey there Heroes,

We’re charging towards the new year, and we have another exciting update ahead!
Before we jump into that, we also have a quick campaign update to share, as we’ve begun initial reach outs to premium backers in order to gather information for their premium rewards.
If you’re a premium backer and we haven’t been in touch with you yet, then don’t hesitate to contact us at eiyuden@theyetee.com with the header “PREMIUM BACKER” so we can make sure you get your reward!

HOLIDAY COMMENTS

c120b36dfa714875348affa8732b7c3e_original.png

Murayama
Happy holidays!
This is our third new year since starting our campaign for Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes back in July 2020. I knew developing a JRPG would take a long time, but this has taken longer than I anticipated.
Looking back on it, it’s had its share of tough moments.
We spent months ahead of the campaign’s launch preparing what we would need. Of course, there was a lot of work involved in creating the trailer video and putting together the game content we could show, but shooting the live-action movie for the campaign trailers was a challenge.
We shot the whole thing in one day, but had to walk between each of the shooting locations. At key moments, I was dressed in a yellow shirt with a cloak and pots and had to raise my voice. By the time we reached the last scene in the evening, I was so exhausted that I lost my voice.
Not to mention, there was one scene where I shouted “Eiyuden!” to summon my friends to come and help me, but apparently there was some background noise so I had to record that part again later…all on my own.
But I did it. In a nearby playground.
A lone man, recording himself shouting “Eiyuden!” I must have looked so suspicious.
And with that in mind, thank you again for all of your support this year.
Please continue to support us just a little longer next year.
Kawano
Kawano here.
The end of the year has really crept up on me so soon it surprised me.
How will you be spending your new years?
My work on the character illustrations is approaching the final stages, but there’s still work to be done, so I’ve also been helping a little with the pixel art recently. In particular, pixel art of the ingame food.
I’m pretty nervous about having my work amongst that of all the wonderful pixel artists, but I wanted to focus on showing delicious food that each of the characters would enjoy. Like the kind seen below (although this may not actually turn up in the game).
d9d34d10b89b2262340196d6d040707e_original.png

Murakami
Happy Holidays!
Hello everyone, Murakami J here.
It’s become that exciting time of year again.
We don’t typically use the term “happy holidays” in Japan so it feels a little weird for me to say, but I think this excitement is universal at this time of year. That being said, these past few years, I’ve been more impatient than excited that a year has already passed, and haven’t been able to enjoy it at all (lol).
I’m going to work really hard to make sure Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes is released so I can finally enjoy the year end celebrations.
Other members of the team may have mentioned this already, but we’re finally reaching out to our premium backers. And once again, I am reminded of the difficulties that come with taking care of and communicating with so many backers from so many different environments, all while juggling production of the game. I apologize for all the awkward correspondence.
I'm sorry for any concern or anxiety we may have caused over the course of this project, but we're doing our best to ensure that we meet your requests to the best of our ability. If you have any concerns then please check with the team at eiyuden@theyetee.com and thank you in advance for your cooperation.
And that’s where I will leave you for today. It’s a little early, but I hope you have a wonderful new year.
Murakami J
Komuta
Komu-nichiwa and komu-banwa everyone. Happy Holidays!
What’s that, the third time I’ve wished you all a happy holiday now?
I feel like I'm saying the same thing every time, but whenever I do get in touch with you all I remember that we're making Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes together with you, and that gives me the strength to keep going. Thank you all so much!
Production on Eiyuden: Hundred Heroes continues at a clip as we start to incorporate components into the main build. Various problems may arise as we insert prototypes and confirmed specifications into the build and we have to solve these one by one, but we work with the team every day to find solutions.
Sometimes our discussions are amicable, sometimes they're controversial. And sometimes, we're forced to change specifications altogether. But then we get ideas to turn these changes into positives and the team works together to improve the final product. This year was one we were able to use to further add to that level of perfection.
We were also finally able to show off some in-development footage at Tokyo Game Show this year. I think we got across everything we wanted to.
As for our Premium Backers who supported us with the Become an NPC, Become an Enemy, Add your Cat to the Game, etc. tiers that will be added into the game itself, we've recently sent emails out for. These are to confirm the details for your promised content. Thank you for your patience during this long wait!
We've already received responses from many of you, and have been soothed by the photographs of everyone's cats, dogs, and other pets (lol).
We will make a start on creating the data that will be incorporated into the game based on all the information we have received. And if you haven't gotten an email yet, the please check the following:
Twitter
eiyuden@theyetee.com
This message ended up being kind of clerical, but we're now in the final stages of the game's development. We're going to start showing everyone screenshots of the game from the beginning of next year, so we hope you're looking forward to that.
I hope you all have a Happy New Year!

Geddoe

Capomoderatore
retrogames
jrpg world
LV

Iscritto dal
27 Dic 2012
Reazioni
Medaglie
Update di Gennaio :gogogo:

January 2023 Update​

25 gennaio 2023
※日本語のアップデートは下の方にあります
Hey there heroes!
We hope 2023 is off to a good start for everyone!
We've been pretty busy working hard to incorporate the premium rewards into Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes, but we still have our work cut out for us! If you're a premium backer and haven't received an email from the team asking for details for your premium reward then please reach out to us at eiyuden@theyetee.com!
In other news, the vote for the contents of DLC #3 is now open! We're eager to hear which story you would like to see realized, so please follow the link here to find out more and cast your vote!

Production Updates

As promised, the vote for DLC #3 is now open to the public and backers, where you get to vote on the DLC's content! Opportunities like this aren't common so it took some time to organize the vote with our publisher, but we're really happy to share the options today. We even considered totally original content at one point, but in the end we realized it would be too difficult to make a reality while keeping the amount of content under control. That's why, this time, we created some scenarios for you to vote on.
Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes, is a game about its heroes, and so we decided to move in the direction with the heroes in mind. A story about desert mercenaries, a story of runes tied to the undead, a story about Japanese-style monster extermination, a story about the characters working behind the scenes, and a story about magical girls.
I can't wait to see which one will be chosen. Then once the decision is made, we'll need to figure out the specifics according to a pretty tight schedule, which is going to be tough.
We had another idea for a story that focused on generals during a war-time event, but it was dropped as the relevant characters would not be included in the game's initial release. For the same reason, we also dropped a story plan that revolved around Lian's martial arts training as there would have been a problem with the character's release timing.
Maybe we'll just give Lian a separate fighting game of her own lol.
Please vote for which story you would like to see, and if you have any ideas of what each story will be like then please share your opinions with us via Discord, Twitter, etc.!

A Word from the Team​

Happy New Year 2023!!
Komunichi-wa, Komuban-wa! Direct Komuta here!
I hope you're looking forward to the year to come.
For a change of pace, I thought I'd share some of the development team's New Years cards! First up is this one, illustrated by ‘S’--a designer on the character team!
5c4285cd6708740061d43060c81b8255_original.png

Isn't the way she's giving peace signs/bunny ears with both hands really cute?
Next up for number 2, illustrated by a designer on the 3D team that we will call ‘T’!
960bb7103002f28a0b04f9baf485c091_original.jpg

How cool is that sense of motion with Noa, Sei and the mystery creature? Man I wish I still had the youth to fight like these two (LMAO)
So what did you think, because I'd like to share more of these from the development staff in the future.
And, tying up with my first meal of the year I had Garoo's favorite—pavlova!
5de15475f7a7952edd410fa5154e8670_original.jpg

I'd never tried it before, but the way the crunchy meringue and fresh berries melted in my mouth was superb. Behind it you can see Garr's favorite food—pancakes! Those were delicious too. It looks like the beastmen of Allraan have serious sweet tooths.
Next month, I'm hoping to be able to show you a glimpse at some new in-development materials, so I hope you'll look forward to that!
PS. We're receiving a steady stream of responses from our Premium Backers from the end of last year with your enemy designs, city item designs and pet photos, etc., but if you haven't gotten back to us yet then please do!
If, by chance, you haven't received an email from us then please reach out to eiyuden@theyetee.com with your backer number.
Catch you next time!

Geddoe

Capomoderatore
retrogames
jrpg world
LV

Iscritto dal
27 Dic 2012
Reazioni
Medaglie
Update di febbraio :gogogo:

AGGIORNAMENTO #53

February Update 2023​

22 febbraio 2023
※日本語のアップデートは下の方にあります
Hey there heroes!
We’re already wrapping up month two of the new year and have a lot of fun things to share, so let’s just jump into it!

Murayama's Monthly Development Report:DLC3 Content​

The poll DLC3 that we mentioned in the last update has closed and its content has been decided! DLC3 will focus on the story of the Skeleton King Markus and a mysterious young girl named Milana who somehow share a history with an old, once prosperous kingdom.
Markus was actually a character selected by backers during the Kickstarter campaign, which is probably why so many felt such a strong connection to him.
We honestly had no idea which direction the vote would go, as some of the proposed concepts included characters that have already appeared in Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising, such as Iugo and Mellore.
Not only that, but each option had something of a theme to it.
Story 1: Tales of the Yokai Hunt has a focus on the Far East, with Japanese-centric elements such as samurai and ninja.
Story 2: Conquest of the Sands is a desert-themed, hard-boiled tale with Middle Eastern-inspired characters and Sharkmen.
Story 3: Elden Magicks was the winning selection and tells a tale of a kingdom long abandoned that may hold clues to the secrets of the rune-lenses.
Story 4: Kings of the Neighborhood would dive into a story all about overcoming adversity through mini-game-esque competitions and such, giving the townsfolk and store-owners their chance to be in the spotlight.
Story 5: Magical Girls, Assemble! would have brought together classical magical-girl and super sentai archetypes like those seen in Sailor Moon and Power Rangers.
In terms of story, I thought Kings of the Neighborhood would have been interesting, but the characters were a little weak. That being said, I would have used Frida from Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising as the main character.
I always like to participate in the #hundred-heroes-chat on the Hundred Heroes Discord channel (https://discord.com/invite/eiyuden) on the weekend following that month's Kickstarter update! I was really happy to see everyone chatting about their concerns and feelings surrounding each proposed story.
I'm often asked if we'll make any of the proposed stories that weren't selected.
Hmmm, I wonder (lol).

J-diary vol.8​

Hello. Murakami J here. Good news! I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel in my endless pixel art creation journey.
Congrats to me!
I've been making games for a long time, but I've never had to create pixel art for so many endless days before. Despite us now living in an age where pixel art creators are a dying species, the team never lost their nerve despite all the redo orders and have worked extremely hard.
Thank you.
Of course, I've been doing other things besides pixel art... But due to how never-ending it seemed, the pixel art definitely proved to be the scariest part of it all.
At first I thought "What were we thinking, starting a project like this? The amount of work we have to do is unreal..." Regret and unease made me feel like I was going to slip over to the dark side several times, but now I feel peaceful and happy that I was able to complete things in this style.
It's all thanks to everyone being here with us and giving us your support.
Thank you.
Aaah, thank you...
END
...No, wait, I still have a lot of work left to do!! (LOL)
The momentary feeling of relief made me unconsciously slip into a trance. Sorry.
Time for a serious update. I've seen the light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to the pixel art, but I still can't let my guard down. I'm currently working on the remaining basic character resources as well as special things for events and stage-related items... My days of fighting aren't over yet.
I'm also reaching the finish line when it comes to background components, so I'm currently preparing to piece together the composition for each scene.
The basics for the event scenes and other various elements have all been completed.
Director Komuta and the voice recording team members have also been preparing for the recordings for days and seem very busy.
We've even entered the production phase for Kickstarter backer rewards. (We've been receiving replies from everyone - thank you so much! - but we're still waiting for some, so if you still have yet to reply, please check out this link!)
There are a lot of things to prepare for this as well, so things will stay crazy for a while.
Our production phase is climbing toward its peak, and we're getting busier day by day. Everyone is harrowed by their own deadlines and we want to make sure we don't panic, give up, or compromise so that all the effort we've put into this so far doesn't go to waste.
Oh, that reminds me. Since we're nearing the end of our pixel art production, I decided to release a character video in this update. It'll be coming to you together with an explanation from Director Komuta.
It doesn't have voices yet, but I hope we can continue to show you in-game content now and then that doesn't spoil anything up to the time when the game is finally released.
I hope you're all excited!
MURAKAMI J

Komuta D's Sneak Peak​

Komunichi-wa, komuban-wa, Director Komuta here!
Remember the glimpse section I mentioned in last month's member comments!
The title is "Komuta D's Sneak Peak" (J's idea)
In this month's issue, we'll show you a glimpse of a fresh out of the oven, full-length skill attack, as Producer J mentioned earlier.
Miniatura del video del progetto

RIPRODUCI
So, what do you think?
A variety of actions that make the most of the characters' personalities like this will greatly enliven the battles!
Hm? Are we okay showing off these characters?
Eh, why not?
And who's the beautiful lady with the blond hair?! Moving on!!
We plan to keep giving sneak peaks of the game while it's in development, so please stay tuned.
(Finally... FINALLY, we're getting around to showing some stuff).
See you next time!

YUSUKE86

DI vecchia data
LV

Iscritto dal
16 Feb 2017
Reazioni
Medaglie
Ma ancora nessuna data? :cry2:

Geddoe

Capomoderatore
retrogames
jrpg world
LV

Iscritto dal
27 Dic 2012
Reazioni
Medaglie
Update di Marzo :geddoe:

AGGIORNAMENTO #54

March Update 2023​

29 marzo 2023
※日本語のアップデートは下の方にあります
Hey there heroes!
Cherry blossoms are in full bloom today, and this month's update has a blossom or two of new reveals of its own. But first, a little spring cleaning!

Surveys​

We're happy to say that roughly 90% of backer survey replies have been received! If you haven't gotten your survey yet then please send an email to eiyuden@theyetee.com with the subject NO SURVEY. Please include your backer number and registered email address.

Premium In Game Rewards​

We have approached all backers who purchased one of our premium reward tiers (become an NPC, put your pet in the game, etc.). If you purchased one of these tiers and have NOT received any correspondence form the team then please send an email to eiyuden@theyetee.com with the subject PREMIUM REWARD so we can remedy the issue. Please include your backer number and registered email address.

Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising​

We believe all codes have been sent to the relevant backers, but if you haven't received your code yet then please send an email to eiyuden@theyetee.com with the subject RISING NOT RECEIVED. Please include your backer number, registered email address, and platform of choice.
We'll do our best to respond to each email within 48 hours.
Thank you very much for your continued support with helping us to close out these remaining issues!

UI Screen​

153e7e665d3ffe0ba01f9f70a7e025f4_original.png

We'd like to show a sneak peek of the status screen currently in development where it shows characters' basic info such as their stats, HP and MP. It'll also show equipped items and their effects as well as their available skills all at a glance.
(The image shown is for the Japanese version. The UI is still in development and subject to change.)

An RPG is a collection of very diverse systems. Systems for navigating towns and other maps, systems for performing actions and talking to NPCs like townsfolk, systems for activating and replaying events, combat systems when you enter battles, trading systems when you enter stores, leveling systems for upgrading stats...
Not to mention that Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes will have war event systems for war scenes, solo combat system for solo combat scenes, systems for the main city's particular structure and systems for minigames, etc.
And that's not forgetting the system behind party management, which we showed a screenshot of above.
Unfortunately, we can only show off the Japanese version at this time as it's still under development, but seeing each of these systems being completed brings a special kind of joy.
Regarding the UI, we believe striking a balance between high functionality and ease of understanding is important. When it comes to item management, for example, players might want to sort their items by multiple criteria. However, a lot of consideration needs to go into whether implementing such a function is a good idea or not.
An interface that always forces the player to choose multiple sort conditions is redundant when just one sort condition is enough. It's unnecessary for a screen like that to appear all the time when you can switch between conditions at the tap of a button.
Well in that case, should we make it selectable only when it's needed?
If so then we can add the new function to the system, but as more functions are added, the overall system becomes more difficult to understand.
Games aren't tools, so a balance between functionality and understandability is important.
I don't think having a status screen that displays all the data in the game is a good idea.
Having a screen filled with rows of numbers leans towards incomprehensibility.
We want to present detailed information the players are looking for in a way that's easy to understand.
The status screen is structured according to those considerations.

A Word from the Team​

Hello everyone, Kawano here. I’m in charge of the character illustrations.
Development is at its climax and I'm working my tired body to the bone.
I like to rouse myself when I'm feeling exhausted by looking at the development screens and thinking, "Everyone's working hard, so I've gotta work hard too!" lol
There have been a few occasions now where I've observed voice recording sessions and have been so overwhelmed by a performance for a character that I rush home before I have a chance to calm down and secretly add "they must pull this face when they say that phrase."
I'm mostly working from home with Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes, so getting to see what others have been up to from time to time is great stimulation.
(This probably isn't the time or place, but there are so many characters in this title, so the amount of voices and cast members is wild! Please wait until we can release more details...!)
Until next time!

Geddoe

Capomoderatore
retrogames
jrpg world
LV

Iscritto dal
27 Dic 2012
Reazioni
Medaglie
Update di Aprile :eee:

AGGIORNAMENTO #56

April Update 2023​

26 aprile 2023
※日本語のアップデートは下の方にあります
Hey there heroes,
We are heading into Golden Week, which means there's a lot of tasks to finish before breaking up for the holiday. This means that this month’s update will be a little lighter, but we'll be back to business as usual after Golden Week so you can expect a full update in June.
Thanks so much for your understanding!

Kickstarter Backer Survey​

Kickstarter only allows for one Kickstarter Backer Survey to be created for any one campaign. The update last month was not referencing a new survey, but the original Kickstarter Backer Survey we sent out a few months after the campaign originally ended. We currently have 90% of the Kickstarter Backer Surveys completed.
If you have completed your original Kickstarter Backer Survey, then worry not! You don’t need to do anything.
If you haven’t or aren’t sure please, then please send a message to eiyuden@theyetee.com.
Please note, any customer service tickets sent to The Yetee after last month’s update asking about a new survey will not be answered due this being a misunderstanding and no such survey exists.
Thank you!

We are deep in the middle of a very active development phase, working on a large amount of text related to in-game facilities and townspeople, while also struggling with creating the DLC scenarios.
We also fought a new enemy recently—the creation of book texts for libraries.
I hope to be able to convey the world's history, kingdom origins and climates using only text and stories of times left behind by those who lived them.
Not to mention the townspeople's lines. Now that is another big enemy.
The townspeople and soldiers in the game are not treated in the same way as the "heroes'' in the main storyline. But that doesn't mean they shouldn't still have lives to live in the world of the Eiyuden Chronicle.
I have written lines in the past for townspeople in the games that I have been involved in producing.
Sometimes fathers, sometimes mothers, sometimes children, sometimes young dreamers, sometimes girls in love, sometimes kids at play, sometimes soldiers protecting their country, sometimes bandits running amok, sometimes cunning merchants, sometimes street performers entertaining people.
I even experienced staying behind at work alone to write lines for townspeople of different genders, ages, and classes. I'd continue for long periods in a daze; I'd become a father, then a mother, then a child, as I wrote line after line of dialogue...
There were times when I would be there late at night and, although no one was supposed to be there, it felt like someone was talking in my ear. That would wig me out so I'd play loud music and keep working.
Are they the voices of people living in this imaginary world?
I feel that this dialogue is what really helps to build the world. As if the main characters are not the only ones in the play.

Geddoe

Capomoderatore
retrogames
jrpg world
LV

Iscritto dal
27 Dic 2012
Reazioni
Medaglie
Avevo dimenticato di postare l'update di maggio

May Update 2023 // 2023年5月 アップデート​

31 maggio 2023
※日本語のアップデートは下の方にあります
Hey there heroes,
Golden Week in Japan has come and gone, and we’re back at it with another Eiyuden Chronicle update for everyone so let’s jump right in!

Komuta D’s Sneak Peek​

Komu-nichiwa. Komu-banwa. Director Komuta here!
And this month, I'd like to give you another sneak peek at what's happening behind the scenes.
The content for Komuta D's Sneak Peak #2 is the "Auto Tactics".
Ta-daaa!
f4676d11059134df55836464cde2bdd4_original.png

5cbf972d03de152b90ca748928836baf_original.png

So what on earth is Auto Tactics?
In Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes, Auto Tactics is an auto-battle system that makes for an easier and more rewarding experience for those that find fighting normal enemies to be a pain in the butt.
Huh? But Auto systems can only be used against weak enemies that are a certain amount of levels lower than you, right?
No, no, no. Even with the default settings you can run headlong into any fight against normal enemies and that party will handle the rest. They'll even heal themselves if things are looking dicey.
I can't go into any more detail into what kind of system it is just yet, but I would encourage anyone who finds battles tedious to use it from the get go.
And that's a wrap on this month's Sneak Peek! I hope you look forward to the next one!

We had a six-hour meeting with a large group the other day, including our publisher 505 Games. Our meetings are typically held online, so it's been a long time since we've met face-to-face like this.
A video game is both a creator's project, but also a product. If these two aspects aren't balanced properly then the game can become either a purely self-indulgent art piece, or an empty imitation that has lost its heart as a game.
Sometimes I'm asked what kind of game it is that I want to make, but to me what I want to make the most is a game that many people will enjoy.
Ultimately that's tied to how fun the game is and its storyline. But what will make players happy is an extremely difficult question and despite searching for a long time, it's still a tough one to answer.
When I say "many people," as happy as I am to sell a lot of copies, being proactive and getting to know the people connected to the game is important too.
That's why I appear at shows the publicists ask me to attend, answer surveys, shoot my own videos, wear goofy costumes and film embarrassing skits.
Even so, sometimes a creator has their reasons for not accepting a publicity request that comes up, which then results in a six-hour long meeting.
That being said, I consider that a part of my job as a game producer.
e29ceff55382dbb5c95b717331944206_original.jpg

During that six-hour meeting I was finally, FINALLY able to receive some of the merchandise for Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising. I'm quite pleased, and like the tumblers in particular.

A Word from the Team​

It feels like it's been a while since I wrote a Message from the Team! Komu-nichiwa. Komu-banwa. Director Komuta here!
Development is in the final stages and it's carnage on the development floor, but we finally got to incorporate the live background music we recorded the other day!
I like the moment when the sound enters the game production process the most because it's like I can finally feel the world with all five senses. It gave me serious goosebumps and couldn't help but get excited.
I can't wait for you all to hear it too!
While we're on the topic of sound, we announced the continuation of the "Ending Theme Chorus Project" in last week's extra little update.
Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes Chorus Project Application Guidelines
The original plan was to record the event with loads of people using Zoom, but because so many of you applied to take part and how the system works, we had to change gears and will instead be uploading data recorded by each person.
We plan to explain the recording procedure in this during a special live broadcast on June 4 (Sun.) from 14:00 JST.
910081e2dc671767aa55abb3fe359da1_original.png

Murayama and I are also scheduled to appear, so if you have time please give it a watch.
It looks like there'll even be a demonstration involving core members of the team too (lol).
Anyway, it’s about time I returned to the battlefield.
Thank you as always for your continued support!

Geddoe

Capomoderatore
retrogames
jrpg world
LV

Iscritto dal
27 Dic 2012
Reazioni
Medaglie
Update di giugno :eee:

June Update 2023 / 2023年6月 アップデート​

28 giugno 2023
※日本語のアップデートは下の方にあります
Hey there Heroes,
Things are heating up with the arrival of Summer, so we hope you’ve found somewhere cool and comfortable to indulge in this month’s update!
Let’s jump in!

Komuta D’s Sneak Peek​

Komu-nichiwa, komu-banwa, director Komuta here.
I'm excited to give you another sneak peak this month!
And the contents for Komuta D's Sneak Peak #3 is...
TADAAA!!
b12f4dcf0bec11edc0efd53325b3e8c1_original.png

What you see here is an imageboard of a key location in the story and a 3D model of the boss that appears there... Those who have played Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising may look at this and think, "...huh?"
It looks like some sort of decaying ruin, but what kind of adventure lies in wait there? You'll just have to wait and see!!
As you'll notice in Producer J's ‘Word from the Team’ segment, the art for the characters, backgrounds, enemies, UI, effects and other props, which is one of the most important parts of the game production process, are now finished and Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes is finally taking shape as the game's framework is being fleshed out.
To use an analogy, it's like an "unassembled Gunpla!" (It even makes noise!!!)
From that point we started working on improving the art's quality in order to really add that level of polish, checking whether the implemented sections were working according to the blueprints, and figuring out how to improve the design if there were any errors.
The image board above is just one of the blueprints from which everything started.
I hope you're looking forward to another glimpse next time!

Thank you so much for the many submissions to our recent call for the ending theme choir! We can't wait to see how it turns out.
We used a choir for the ending theme when I worked on Gensou Suikoden too. That was at the suggestion of Higashino-san who was in charge of the music at the time and the production staff.
We had the option to hire a professional singer to record the ending song, but since the theme of Suikoden revolves around a group of bandits and drifters we decided a chorus of amateurs would be more atmospheric.
The recording took place in a corner of the office and we gathered all of the development team for it. I was there too, but I was placed further away from the microphone because I’m loud and tone deaf (lol).
Come to think of it, some of the game's sound effects were also recordings of the team member's voices.
The development of Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes was undoubtedly started by the passion of our backers.
I hope this chorus will properly represent how this project is a joint effort between the team and our backers.

A Word from the Team​

J-diary vol.9
Hello all,
Murakami J. here.
In my last report, I talked about the pixel art end goal being in sight. Well now we've surpassed it and are in the process of polishing the art materials.
I've mentioned this many times before, but the greatest challenge for the graphical portion of Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes has been meeting the volume of assets needed and our first priority was meeting each milestone and its quantity of assets.
The primary reason for this was the need to keep pace with the progress of each part of the game's development, but creating a large number of assets in a short period of time was not an easy task. Not only was it very difficult from a planning and management standpoint, but then securing talent, managing costs, and resolving a variety of other problems at the same time made this project a major challenge.
Somehow we managed to overcome those issues and are finally entering a phase where we can polish the finished assets.
In all the years I have spent working on video games, I personally find this part of the process to be the most enjoyable.
This is the stage where the visuals have been assembled to some extent, allowing us to look at the bigger picture as it comes into focus and make necessary adjustments and rearrangements.
With these last pushes, the final product becomes more polished and different with each passing day.
This is the most enjoyable part of development, when our only focus is on improving the game's quality.
Komuta D said this in the last update, but seeing the characters and world come to life with the addition of music and voice acting makes us so happy.
Regarding sound, its selection, timing, and how it is used can greatly affect how it breathes life into the game, so we want to spend as much time as we can on this.
It isn't my area of responsibility, but I can't help myself from talking in detail about what's been added so far.
That’s why the materials are almost ready.
From this point on, the finished product depends greatly on how much polish we can add, so I hope we can continue to make adjustments and keep pushing to the very end, dedicating as much time to it as possible.
We're entering the season of gaming events and conventions, so we'll have more opportunities to show you what we've made.
I’m sorry for repeating myself every time, but please wait just a little bit longer.
Thank you for your continued support.
MURAKAMI J

Geddoe

Capomoderatore
retrogames
jrpg world
LV

Iscritto dal
27 Dic 2012
Reazioni
Medaglie
Del delay al 2024 immagino abbiano letto tutti ormai.
Vi riporto il comunicato ufficiale insieme al update di luglio ed ai nomi di alcuni dei doppiatori jap

AGGIORNAMENTO #60

July Update 2023 / 2023年7月 アップデート​

28 luglio 2023
※日本語のアップデートは下の方にあります
Hey there, Heroes!
Hope the heat isn't getting to you because we have some important updates to share today.

Campaign Updates:​

Production Delay
In order to deliver a game that so many fans have supported, we announce a revised release date of Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes, with the game now due during Calendar Year Q2 of 2024. The decision was made in order to ensure the best possible story, and to reward the legion of backers with the best game experience possible.
Miniatura del video del progetto

RIPRODUCI
Please stay tuned for more updates, and thank you again for your continued support.
Final Platform and Shipping Type Selection for Physical Editions
Now that we are in the final phase of production, and in learning from the challenges of distributing the Eiyuden Chronicle Rising, we want to lock down platform choices for physical editions as well as shipping to make sure we can avoid any delays with the main game. We will be sending out Emails titled "Eiyuden Chronicle Hundred Heroes: Choose your Physical Platform" to backers to lock down their platform selection for the physical edition and choose which shipping option they want over the next month. Then upon receiving responses we will charge credit cards on hand for the shipping option chosen. The goal will be to have most of the backer platforms and shipping options determined by the end of September. Digital Edition platform choices will be requested in the future, in a separate email.

Development Updates:​

Murayama's Monthly Development Report
It's been hot in Japan, and I've mostly been working without leaving my air-conditioned room. I have already completed the story, including the DLC, and am working on the setting material while supervising the detailed text.
How the world settings are viewed when creating a story differs from author to author, but I consider them to be tools to color the story, and I try not to let the settings get in the way of the story.
However, restrictions do exist, meant to give a certain reality to the world settings.
Eiyuden belongs to the so-called fantasy world of swords and sorcery. Therefore, we’re being careful in regards to the historical and technological settings.
There are things that exist in modern society but do not exist in the world of Eiyuden.
Eiyuden also contains a sort of dictionary that details all the things that exist within its world. Among the entries, we had an idea for a fish called a “jet fish.” In cases like these, I need to supervise and determine whether or not a word such as “jet” should actually be used.
The word "jet" has been around for a long time, but many users have a modern image of the word, so it’s something to think about.
Also, does this sentence exist within the world itself, or is it meant for modern users as part of the game system?
Those questions alone can lead us down different paths.
These are the sort of details I’m thinking about while escaping the heat outside.
Message from the Team: Kawano
Hello. This month’s update is brought to you by Kawano, the character illustrator.
We are in the midst of a heat wave here in Japan. How are you doing?
I am pleased to finally be able to give you a follow-up report on the release schedule.
We apologize for the long wait, but please wait just a little bit longer!
Tokyo Game Show 2023 will be held around the time the heat eases up, and we hope to have new information on Eiyuden starting around that time.
This month, I’ll introduce some of the voice cast members that will be revealed alongside that new information!
Here are four voice cast members who will be voicing characters whose illustrations have already been released.
*This is only concerning the Japanese voices. Please wait a little longer for the English versions.
d4556a2b2bbcb111f89e290e9f93d8ec_original.png
Garr (cv: Hiroya Egashira)
7d826c79103872629dc1797acf994772_original.png
Mio (cv: Masayo Fujita)
7a89c07cdb129b717a9e46d57c8a92c1_original.png
Lian (cv: Sayaka Senbongi)
51a8394fab66eede107bc01485c3e420_original.png
Hildi (cv: Yoko Hikasa)
You should be able to hear these four voices from pretty early on in the game.
Our development studio is already filled with their wonderful voices, so we’ll do our best to deliver them to you all as soon as possible!
Next up are three of the characters whose illustrations are being unveiled for the first time (partly already included in the video).
e7322d318bc094f679ddaf265e77020b_original.png
CJ (cv: Ai Fairouz)
0766a0ddb724b283fa7d06b1277e64a4_original.png
Isha (cv: Ai Kakuma)
182e1cec521f46e4224dd5cb0d39cecb_original.png
Garoo (cv: Taro Kiuchi)
After the story of Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising, they leave New Nevaeh to pursue their own goals.
Isha is now a little more adventurous and wears lighter gear, and CJ has grown up a bit, maybe. That’s the way I tried to design them, at least.
(Garoo is already a mature adult, so I just changed his look a little.)
I can't reveal the details of how and where we will meet them yet, but please look forward to it!
We will be announcing the rest of the cast at various times in the future.
But now that I’m used to everything having voices, it really makes me want to play through Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising with full voices… Am I being too selfish? No, there are lots of other people who’d like to play that version too, right? Let’s go find someone with a lot of influence! (LOL)
See you next time!

Geddoe

Capomoderatore
retrogames
jrpg world
LV

Iscritto dal
27 Dic 2012
Reazioni
Medaglie
Onward to Tokyo Game Show 2023/ Update di Agosto

AGGIORNAMENTO #61

August Update 2023 // 2023年8月のアップデート​

6 settembre 2023
※日本語のアップデートは下の方にあります
Hey there, Heroes!

We’re slightly late this month as we’re gearing up for Tokyo Game Show 2023. We hope everyone is as excited for Japan’s biggest video game convention as we are, but don’t worry! We still have some fun tidbits to share in today’s update so let’s jump in!

Platform Selection Emails​

We’ll be sending out Emails soon for you to select your physical platform of choice for Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes. The header will be “Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes Backer - Physical Edition Reward Platform Selection Email”
Due to the tight timeline we need to receive responses by Wednesday September 20th, 2023. In the event that we do not receive a response we will need to order the initial version listed on the survey.
Please note this is ONLY for Physical editions and not digital editions. Physical editions have longer lead times so we are asking for that information now. We’ll be asking for your digital edition platform choices at a later date.

There are more than a hundred heroes appearing in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes.
I'm organizing the profiles for those heroes.
Of course, the world of Eiyuden Chronicle is different from the real world (y'know, Earth). Does a year have as many days as it does in the real world? Do they have concepts for days of the week? Do the days of the week have the same names as they do in the real world?
In our world, the concept of days in a year, days of the week, and months of the year are the result of historical trends. So naturally those in this imaginary world should be different, right?
But while the concept of totally original days of the week and months is pretty fascinating, it's also difficult to wrap your head around, and I’m not sure if adding explanations for each different thing is a good idea or not.
Not to mention these characters will speak languages from all over the world (Japanese, English, French, German, Chinese, etc.). I wonder how that would change things.
Of course there are words and phrases in these languages that exist due to their history. So does their existence mean that there was a similar historical process in this fictional world?
As a compromise, in my mind, each fictional world speaks its own language, has its own customs, counting of the moon, and days of the week, but to some extent they are expressed in a form that is translatable and understood by people in our world.
That's what's been going on in my head.
I fear that if I keep going down this rabbit hole I might lose my mind.

Komuta D’s Sneak Peek​

Komunichiwa, Komubanwa, Director Komuta here!
I'm back this month with a little sneak peak that I'd share.
There are so many characters in this game, more than 30 so far, but there are still many more to come.
More than 100 total, to be exact!! (LOL)
And all of these characters need voices, not just for the scenario but the theater and mini-games too.
You can choose between English and Japanese voice acting too, as seen here.
c567c4ce54101fb7517dbb884e71a62c_original.png

You can choose to have no voices too, of course, but that would be such a shame!
I want you to hear every cast member's masterful and fascinating performances at least once.
This time I'd like to introduce four new characters and their Japanese voice actors.
▼Dux Aldric  CV Jouji Nakata
e63c0d647e8df0714defa75928b6519c_original.png

An ambitious political and military mastermind who commands a powerful faction of the Galdean Empire that is second only to the imperial family's. He seeks to unlock the true essence of the rune-lenses and create technology that can be used equally by all.
▼Chapell Winlart  CV Kiyosato Takaya
078a4894099614e9d95e6ea45e411a03_original.png

A young Galdean general who serves under Dux Aldric.
▼Perrielle Grum  CV Maaya Uchida
bbe549e4b2b14822d4bbff7f54642156_original.png

The young countess of Grum, a small country in the League of Nations. She's sharp as a tack, a go-getter, and full of fire. Where others mince words, Perrielle sharpens them for the kill—and people deride her for that lack of demureness. "She'd be a lovely girl," they say, "if she wasn't always braying."
▼Melridge  CV Yohei Azakami
0806c5afaa1f23b79d5a0a243bf8f2c7_original.png

A young scholar who specializes in natural history. He yearns to know of every last thing in the world, and exactly how it got there. He also happens to be a genius tactician, and will be a valuable asset to the protagonist.
Introducing the cast now of all times. You must already know what to expect from... Ahem.
Onward to Tokyo Game Show 2023!!

Geddoe

Capomoderatore
retrogames
jrpg world
LV

Iscritto dal
27 Dic 2012
Reazioni
Medaglie
Update di settembre con un pelino di ritardo

AGGIORNAMENTO #62

September Update 2023 // 2023年9月のアップデート​

4 ottobre 2023
※日本語のアップデートは下の方にあります
Hey there, Heroes!
After a swelteringly hot and busy September, it’s finally cooling down here in Japan. But things are just heating up with everything we announced for “Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes” at Tokyo Game Show this year and we’re super excited to tell you all about it, so let’s jump right in!

Campaign Updates:​

“Eiyuden Chronicle Hundred Heroes” Physical Version Platform Selection E-mails:
We know the deadline on this was very tight as well as a few bugs in the initial E-mail. We needed to get as many answers as possible to begin the ordering process since physical versions have a much larger lead time. Fortunately we got up to 75% and are able to extrapolate from there. We know some people are worried they didn't get a chance to change their selection in time but we since we have enough selections to be ordered, we are allowing remaining backers to alter their platform selection up until October 13th. Please be aware that you will not be able to change your selection after this date.
The Yetee will continue to answer customer service tickets as they come in.
If you are having trouble with your platform selection E-mail or if you have not received one and feel you should have, please reach out to the Yetee via their customer service form. If you cannot find it you can also E-mail them at eiyuden@theyetee.com
Digital Pre-order Content:
We've seen some questions over what Kickstarter backers receive vs what is included in pre-orders and the Digital Deluxe edition. The Digital Deluxe edition is one of the digital versions the community can purchase. In order to make Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes the biggest success it can be and so that we keep the franchise moving forward, creating different digital units is important. The Digital Deluxe versions usually contain unique bonuses to help increase preorders and secure a future for Eiyuden Chronicle. It's always a delicate balance when dealing with a project that has been supported via crowdfunding. We do care about our backers, and are providing free DLC and unique merchandise that isn't available to non-backing fans, but global community-facing versions are important for the overall success of the game.
Nintendo Direct
It's always amazing to get support from 1st parties and being featured on the most recent Nintendo Direct was a dream come true! For those of you who didn't see it, we revealed the release date as April 23rd, 2024! Preorders have begun so spread the word! Tell any of your JRPG-loving friends that this “Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes” is a game they won’t want to miss!! Here's a link to the latest video.
Tokyo Game Show Recon Report
Last but not least, we had a great showing at Tokyo Game Show. Here's a few select photos from the event and some quick thoughts from the developers about being able to show the game on their home turf!
6e8bcc33ef72725f29ac4f92368580c3_original.png

a84ca20a55ca6721a1dbb1fa8b150719_original.png

61e83717393d1d6f084d55ed02ff4263_original.png

8f3eec759416776d109eacb01bd30aec_original.png

Submission of backers' names in the end credits
3b7fe7b009b6ede4abc7d0f5a79bc3f3_original.png

This is the Eiyuden Chronicle team.
We are currently preparing the webpage for backers to submit their names for the end credits, as promised during the Kickstarter campaign.
We will soon be sending out a special backer-only Kickstarter update, so please wait just a little longer.
From all of the Eiyuden Chronicle team.

Closing out Tokyo Game Show 2023​

Murayama
I attended TGS.
With a full day of handling interviews at a closed test session and three days at the infamously poorly air-conditioned event itself, I was feeling pretty groggy.
Despite staying overnight at a hotel the first day and going to the event again on the second, I made the grave mistake of forgetting to bring a change of clothes (I even took three different Rabbit & Bear t-shirts to hand out).
My shirt was soaked with sweat, and due to my body size, it wouldn’t have been easy for me to buy a replacement shirt somewhere nearby. So I had to keep walking back and forth between the hotel's laundry room and my room with my shirt in my hand until a washing machine became available at 2am.
Nonetheless, it sounds like our announcement was received favorably by many people and there was much joy at the booth where we had the three main characters on display.
Kawano
It's been a while. Kawano here.
I'm relieved that Tokyo Game Show 2023 ended well.
The air conditioning wasn't working too well on the first day (and I hate hot weather) and I made a couple of mistakes during the live broadcast, but otherwise I'm doing pretty well. Apologies for that!
I'm relieved to finally be able to present Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes in its complete form.
(I wonder if this would be the first time it would see the light of day if it wasn't crowdfunded.)
It's been three years since we came to you asking for your help in making this game, and we're both so sorry and so grateful to everyone for their patience and having to make you wait further still.
Please continue supporting us on this home stretch!
Murakami
TGS2023 is over.
Were you able to see the new trailer?
We really wanted you to hear Eiyuden's theme sung by Sarah Olain, so we worked really hard to make it.
Preparations this year were much more difficult since they coincided with the final stages of the game's production. I was personally pretty anxious about the release date announcement alongside other reveals but I'm relieved that we were able to receive so much good feedback.
Thank you to everyone who watched the official broadcast at TGS and came to the stage events, and to the press for all their feedback and comments. We're doing our best to go through all of it.
We're also pretty close to completing the game so there isn't much we can do at this stage, but we hope to make any final adjustments under careful consideration of the feedback we received.
We started this project through Kickstarter and received the support of so many people from all around the world, and we've been able to develop a game for players from all around the world, which has been a life-long dream of ours. But when we started making the game and going to events and such, we realized how difficult and frustrating it can be.
I always feel the pressure of delivering a high quality product in a limited amount of time, while simultaneously working on the localization, controls, work volume, etc.
Being Japanese, I can use my relative experience as Japan is my home country, but overseas, language and sensibilities can be quite different so I'm always worrying if what I'm making is okay or not.
It can be a little frustrating since we can't just drop production to travel abroad for events and other activities.
If possible, I would like to go to each country and talk to you all directly and feel that passion. I think about this all the time.
If Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes somehow does well in a major way, gains recognition and paves the way for another project then I would love to gather passionate team members from overseas to solve these kinds of problems.
That's what I am thinking about these days.
Komuta
Komunichi-wa, Komuban-wa, it's Director Komuta.
First of all, I'm so relieved that TGS2023 went off without a hitch.
(Eh, I still have a ton of work to do though... ^^;)
I wanted to give a shout out to the team who worked day and night to prepare for the event!
The video we unveiled is only a small part of the project, but we're finally, FINALLY at this point.
I am so sorry for keeping you waiting!
And the overall patterns shown off totalled 1 billion, not 500 million! I got the math wrong... orz
There's so much content we haven't shown you yet, such as the hometowns, boss battles and mini-games, so I hope we can show those off little by little.
Getting so many enthusiastic comments from all over the world has inspired me to keep running until the end.
We have to wait just a little longer for the release, but I hope you'll continue to support us as we go.
P.S.
I was pounced on as soon as I got back from TGS by a 7.5kg Yobune who was made to stay home (LOL)
866ab9b4ecfd44beb658462b59ba391e_original.jpg