Final Fantasy | Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster Disponibile |

Sh1n

Bracer
LV

Iscritto dal
25 Ott 2011
Reazioni
Medaglie
Final Fantasy VI (67 ore, gioco ultimato)

Allora @Geddoe... volevo tornarci fra qualche giorno ma non sono riuscito ad iniziare un altro gioco prima tentare l'ultimo assalto. Mi son quindi ributtato nel dungeon speciale per fronteggiare

l'Omega Weapon.

Dopo 6 tentativi sono riuscito a vincere. Il boss non ha niente a che vedere con quello precedente, che a confronto sembra un animaletto da compagnia: la maggior parte delle sue mosse sono ad area e fanno un male atroce.... serve inoltre un pochettino di fortuna...ma non troppa. Con qualche HP in più avrei faticato probabilmente meno (i pg erano tutti a 7000hp circa, lv72) ma non avevo voglia di livellare fino all'80/90 - sfruttando anche l'apposito bonus dell'esper.

Per la verità ci sarebbe anche un secondo dungeon, il soul shrine, ma stavolta passo davvero perché dovrei superare oltre 100 scontri con mob pescati da ogni parte del gioco (inclusi boss speciali etc). Va bene così.

Ora è davvero tempo di FFX, si parte stasera o domani!

Reinbach

LV

Iscritto dal
25 Nov 2009
Reazioni
Medaglie
4 nuovi scan per Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Remastered Edition per PS4, Switch e smartphone.

Reinbach

LV

Iscritto dal
25 Nov 2009
Reazioni
Medaglie
Ultima modifica da un moderatore:

Reinbach

LV

Iscritto dal
25 Nov 2009
Reazioni
Medaglie
Nuovo video di gameplay di Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition per PS4, Switch e Smartphone.

Reinbach

LV

Iscritto dal
25 Nov 2009
Reazioni
Medaglie
Oggi Final Fantasy IX compie 20 anni.

Square Enix per questo anniversario proporrà tre diverse interviste, di cui la prima è già stata pubblicata e potete leggerla qui.

Final Fantasy IX is sometimes introduced with the phrase “returning to roots.” Where did Final Fantasy IX sit in the minds of the development team?

Aoki: “The slogans ‘returning to roots’ and ‘return of the crystal’ were there from the start. That’s why the setting of the game also has a medieval fantasy theme.”

―It is true that compared to the science fiction elements of FFVII and FFVIII, Final Fantasy IX made a sudden return to classic fantasy. There were even references to past FF titles, like character and vehicle names. Were those concepts also planned to be included from the beginning of development under the theme of “returning to roots”?

Aoki: “There were some things that were planned from the beginning, and then there were other elements that came about from those in charge of each part of the game during the creation process.

“The newborn chocobo, named Bobby Corwen…smash those names together and you get Boco.

“The foundation is 10 percent, and the remaining 90 percent comes from individual creators putting their own ideas and heart into a project. I think that’s the creation process of not only FF, but all games from Square Enix.”

―Each main character of Final Fantasy IX carries their own background story into the battles they face. Do you have a favorite character? Please tell us your reasons as well, if you have any.

Aoki: “I did my best not to have any favorites, so as not to be biased toward any specific character.

“There were backstories we wanted to elaborate on more, but sadly had to give up on due to time and data constraints.

“At the time I wished I could have developed how Zidane is afflicted by the difference in social status between him and Garnet a little more. Illustrating the breakdown of relations with the nobles in Treno due to their disapproval of Zidane and Garnet’s relationship, Zidane butting up against the social confines he faces and the incredible power Garnet holds as royalty, and how Zidane gets back up on his feet despite all of that—I felt that would have done a lot to help further portray him as a character.”

―The NPCs are also very well developed. What about them?

Aoki: “I don’t have any biases when it comes to NPC characters either. There actually wasn’t any differentiation in my mind between main characters and sub characters. Once the game’s story started to come to life on screen, my drive to develop each character even further – the steadfast reliability of Marcus or Garnet’s internal struggles, for example—only got stronger.”

―The Tantalus members Genero, Zenero, Benero and all their siblings are an unusual bunch. How did they come to be?

Aoki: “There wasn’t a trace of them until right before the game went gold. Not only limited to Final Fantasy IX, each FF series title has a period of about three to four months of quality improvements and brushing up after all elements that will be included in a game are implemented. How can we make it more interesting, what would make it easier to understand, what new discoveries can we find to add to the experience…as a creator you approach the process with a feeling similar to recreating something entirely. Those siblings came about suddenly right in the middle of that final tweaking for Final Fantasy IX.”

―The characters in Final Fantasy IX are built shorter than in previous FF games. Was there a reason for that?

Aoki: “I don’t know the reason for making the characters shorter in stature, but I did often hear that the cutscene team had a hard time making use of the know-how they gained working on Final Fantasy VIII. It was apparently a lot of trial and error.

“The characters in Final Fantasy IX excel at showing a certain sweetness or silliness, but even when they take on a totally different serious tone their expressions are so genuine. I feel that Final Fantasy IX had quite a good balance going in that sense.”

Final Fantasy IX is known for its many popular and memorable lines. Whose idea was it to put together the loading screen of CG screenshots overlaid with words from the game and art?

Aoki: “The cutscene leader and event staff made that by picking out lines from the game. It was also the manifestation of a strong desire to show what kind of characters these were.”

―There were also many monsters with unique gimmicks, such as Ragtime Mouse’s quiz-style battle. Do you have a favorite monster or gimmick used by one?

Aoki: “I’m not sure if you could call it a unique monster, but my favorite are the black mages who appear in Cleyra. Your party characters don’t do a victory pose even if you win against them. That came from the battle system team’s consideration of the scene those battles take place in. You grow used to the characters celebrating when they win a battle, so I was really surprised the first time I saw that.

“I don’t know if this is still true, but development happened with next to no meetings between the event and battle design teams. Although that’s not to say that those teams didn’t get along.”

Final Fantasy IX has a lot of mini games, many of which are quite difficult. Are there any you find particularly memorable?

Aoki: “Chocobo Hot and Cold. It came from the director wanting some contents that would allow traveling all over the game world. The concept came together in less than 30 minutes, but the actual creators who worked on the mini-game put a lot of time into it. Every last detail was done with such care.”

Final Fantasy IX’s soundtrack was handled by Mr. Nobuo Uematsu. We feel that music is another important factor in expressing characters or story. If there are any songs from Final Fantasy IX that really stand out in your memory, please tell us about them.

Aoki: “That would be the song that Mr. Uematsu played for me the first time he worked at the Hawaii office.

“It was in response to me asking if he had any recommended songs from the new game—I got an idea for part of the story the second it came on. That song would eventually be titled ‘You’re Not Alone.’

“I asked, ‘Are there going to be any more changes to it?’ and he responded, ‘Yes, sorry… I’d like to tweak it a little more.’ It wasn’t finalized until the last minute, so I’m sure he really struggled with the composition of that piece.”

―Was there anything during development that was especially challenging or that sticks out in your mind?

Aoki: “The last few weeks were a battle with data restrictions. We had data increasing every day, having to think about where to divide the story so we’d end up with an amount that fit on each of the four discs. That fine-tuning took some real mental gymnastics.”

―If there’s anything else from your experiences during the development of Final Fantasy IX or messages for the many people who still love Final Fantasy IX you’d be willing to share, we would love to hear it.

Aoki: “There were about 300 people at the party celebrating Final Fantasy IX’s completion. It was developed by a team divided between Japan and Hawaii, so about one-third of the faces there I had never seen before…I was surprised all over again at how many people were involved in the project.

“I’m incredibly happy that Final Fantasy IX is loved by so many people; that’s been a huge motivator and confidence booster when facing jobs I’ve had since. I think that’s true not only for me, but also the many creators who worked on Final Fantasy IX as well. It would be nice to celebrate the game’s 20th anniversary with everyone who was at the post-launch party.

“Near the end of that party, there was a moment when the sound effect team went up on the venue’s stage. ‘In Final Fantasy X, there’s going to be this thing called Blitzball, and there will be a scene with the spectators cheering. We’d love if you would all be willing to help with that!’ they said. And I thought ‘…Oh, they’ve already started working on X.’ Just when I thought things were finished, they had already begun a new Final Fantasy. It really hit me being there, this is how the Final Fantasy series continues on forever.”

―Thank you for your time today!

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/07/final-fantasy-portal-site-final-fantasy-ix-20th-anniversary-special-interview-volume-one

Reinbach

LV

Iscritto dal
25 Nov 2009
Reazioni
Medaglie
Secondo intervista per il 20° anniversario di Final Fantasy IX.

Questa volta a parlare è il character designer, Toshiyuki Itahana.

Final Fantasy IX is often known as a title that’s about “returning to roots” of Final Fantasy series games. Are there any scenes from the game that ring true to that theme in your mind?

Itahana: “The parts of Final Fantasy IX that feel like a return to the roots of Final Fantasy… I think the scene when the airship docks into the castle backed by the evening sky of the opening scene might be a quintessential portrait of Final Fantasy.”

―Each main character of Final Fantasy IX carries their own background story into the battles they face. Do you have a favorite? Please tell us why as well.

Itahana: “I’m quite fond of Vivi, but I have to say that Zidane might be my favorite. Strong yet with a kind compassion for others—he’s a true hero in my mind. The fact that he’s a joker who doesn’t conduct himself like such a hero makes him all that much more wonderful of a character.”

―Of course the main characters are well-established, but there are some truly unforgettable NPCs filling out Final Fantasy IX’s world as well.

Itahana: “There’s lots of characters in Final Fantasy IX whose backgrounds I’m curious about. Like, how Baku managed to bring the Tantalus theater troupe together from such a diverse group of characters, or why Cid was so trusted by everyone. And Vivi, for example—how did he get the play ticket and make his way to Alexandria? That’s just one of the things I’d still like to know. As for NPCs, I really like Marcus from Tantalus. He’s the type of guy who works behind the scenes supporting his comrades, but isn’t afraid to take action when the situation calls for it. I’d love to know how he came to join Tantalus.”

―On top of Baku and Marcus, Tantalus had a lot of unusual members such as Zenero and his siblings too.

Itahana: “The Tantalus theater troupe was primarily designed by the art director, Mr. Minaba. At first, during development there was talk of Ruby being an oyama [traditional Japanese Kabuki theater term, referring to a male actor who plays female roles], although I’m not sure how the official lore on that ended up. The other Tantalus members’ backgrounds were always a mystery, even during the character planning stages. Someday I’d like to hear about their origins in depth.”

―The characters in Final Fantasy IX were a little shorter in stature than those in FF titles released shortly before Final Fantasy IX. Was there a reason for that?

Itahana: “I wasn’t part of the development team when it was decided that Final Fantasy IX’s characters would be shorter than before, so I don’t know the reason. However, I think the way the characters are almost overly expressive with big exaggerated body language looks great because of their shorter statures, and I feel that matches very well with the motifs of “theater” and “stage” that permeate Final Fantasy IX.”

―The CG screenshots overlaid with character lines that play when the game loads are another memorable way that Final Fantasy IX showed its characters.

Itahana: “The character poses in that art ended up primarily used for promotional and UI purposes. Art director Mr. Minaba and I made the art by giving the CG team pose ideas and then painting over the CG they got back to us.”

―We think that Mr. Uematsu’s music played a large part in expressing Final Fantasy IX’s unique characters and world. Are there any songs from the soundtrack that are particularly memorable to you?

Itahana: “There are a lot of well-known songs from Final Fantasy IX so I’d like to talk about one that doesn’t get much attention. I love “Quina’s Theme.” The banging rhythm of the drums when the song starts—that strong, steady sound gives me a lot of courage. When I’m super overloaded or really feeling the pressure of an approaching deadline, in the middle of the night I’ll often listen to ‘Quina’s Theme’ while working.”

―We heard that you did some Final Fantasy IX illustration commissions for Coca-Cola [commercial and figures exclusive to Japan]. Is there anything you were especially careful about because it was a collaboration?

Itahana: “The request for the Coca-Cola collaboration characters came when the design work for Final Fantasy IX’s development was almost finished, so I had very little trouble designing them. If Tantalus were the official royal family band, I imagined that they would be a wandering troupe that comes to Alexandria once a year – that’s the image I used when designing for the collaboration.”

Final Fantasy IX has a lot of mini games, many of which are quite difficult. Are there any that you remember in particular?

Itahana: “The one I played the most was Tetra Master, which I took part in the design of. But the mini game that stands out most in my mind is probably Ragtime Mouse’s quiz. He asked a lot of tough questions! My favorite mini game music is from the sword fight mini game—‘Vamo’Alla Flamenco’!”

―Speaking of the quiz mini game, Final Fantasy IX has a lot of monsters with unusual gimmicks. Do you have a favorite monster?

Itahana: “I’ve already mentioned Ragtime Mouse, so aside from that… I suppose Armstrong. You can see the little legs sticking out the bottom and it’s always wobbling back and forth. It’s just too cute.”

―Were there any other interesting happenings or things you struggled with that you particularly remember from development?

Itahana: “In the credits I’m categorized as a character designer, but during the later stages of development I did overpainting of large prerendered background images. That included adjusting colors in areas of the background that we wanted users to look at to stand out more, or lowering the color saturation in areas that didn’t need to be looked at so much. You’ll notice if you check the map of Alexandria’s pub, but the color saturation is adjusted in such a way that places where the player can move or where characters will be placed are well lit, and places other than that have their color saturation adjusted so dark that they’re almost gray. The stairs are also broken so as to keep the player from trying to go upstairs – that’s hand-drawn as well. It was tedious work that took a lot of patience, but I learned a lot about drawing from it.”

―For our last question, we’d love for you to share some of your feelings about working on Final Fantasy IX, and a message for the many fans who still love it.

Itahana: “Now that its 20th anniversary is here, I’ve been hearing a lot about how Final Fantasy IX is always highly praised in polls about FF games both in Japan and the west. I feel that it is a game with a timeless story, a strongly established theme and lovable, truly unique characters. On the 20th anniversary of Final Fantasy IX it would make me very happy if people who have yet to experience this game gave it a shot, or those who played it 20 years ago tried it again. I hope each player finds a character that resonates with them.”

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/07/final-fantasy-portal-site-final-fantasy-ix-20th-anniversary-special-interview-volume-two

Reinbach

LV

Iscritto dal
25 Nov 2009
Reazioni
Medaglie
4 nuovi scan di Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition per PS4, Switch e Smartphone

Reinbach

LV

Iscritto dal
25 Nov 2009
Reazioni
Medaglie
Terza e ultima intervista per il 20° anniversario di FFIX.

Parla il direttore, Hiroyuki Ito.

―You often hear the phrase “returning to roots” when it comes to Final Fantasy IX. Was that direction for the game present before development started?

Ito: “I often get hounded by questions like, ‘What’s the concept for this game!?’ and I honestly want to respond to those with, ‘Who said there has to be a concept?’ But alas, in the adult world there are some things you can’t avoid. So yes, the hard-to-define phrase “returning to roots” was in place beforehand. What I mean by hard to define is, exactly what “roots” we’d be “returning” to wasn’t really clear.

“Obviously the roots of this series are Final Fantasy I. So, then, do we make another game like Final Fantasy I? Or do we try and recall the feelings from when Final Fantasy I was originally under development, essentially going back to our roots as game creators? Or do we appeal to the nostalgia crowd, making a title that feels like the games we love from the past? It’s not any specific one of those things, and on top of that every developer has their own feelings about their work.

“However, it does feel like over time, without anyone’s specific intention, those words ended up permeating the mindset we had during game creation, the concepts in the game, and the character of the product itself.

“Also, the highly deductive matters of what it really means to be human, what role circumstances play, consideration for others, kindness, hatred – I think that all of those concepts were reflected in the game.

“In other words, I think that perhaps getting back to the true nature of things is what ‘returning to roots’ could mean in this case. That just might be the overarching theme of Final Fantasy IX.

“Now, what was the question again?”

―We feel that Mr. Uematsu’s compositions play a big part in expressing the world of Final Fantasy IX. If there are any particular songs that stand out in your memory, please tell us.

Ito: “Of course, the main theme. Sometimes portrayed with a simple electronic melody, other times performed with a whole orchestra, repeated at exhaust from the very first Final Fantasy title and still used today—you know you’re playing a Final Fantasy game when the main theme comes on. It’s my favorite song, so when I’m doing work for Final Fantasy it’s playing endlessly in my head (or at least, that’s what I’d like to happen).

“Another song I like is the prelude. During development Mr. Uematsu would embarrassingly claim that “song composition is simple, just toss C, D, E and G or whatever together and there you go.” If there’s a piano sitting somewhere and you want to impress whoever’s around, just play C, D, E and G going up an octave at a time!”

―If you have any thoughts from working on Final Fantasy IX or words for the many people who continue to love it to this day, it would be great if you’d be willing to share them.

Ito: “I feel a great sense of pride in knowing that, even 20 years after release, Final Fantasy IX continues to be such a well-loved title. I’m of the opinion that a game isn’t complete when it’s out on shelves for sale, but rather when the fans have played it and they find it fun and interesting. Thank you all so much for keeping the memory of Final Fantasy IX alive all these years. I hope you’ll continue to be fans of Zidane and all the other characters, and Final Fantasy IX itself, for years to come!”

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/07/final-fantasy-portal-site-final-fantasy-ix-20th-anniversary-special-interview-volume-three

Reinbach

LV

Iscritto dal
25 Nov 2009
Reazioni
Medaglie
10 minuti di gameplay per Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Remastered Edition per PS4, Switch e Smartphone.

Reinbach

LV

Iscritto dal
25 Nov 2009
Reazioni
Medaglie
20 scan di Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition per PS4, Switch e Smartphone

Reinbach

LV

Iscritto dal
25 Nov 2009
Reazioni
Medaglie
Due notizie per Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Remastered Edition (PS4, Switch e Smartphone)

Il gioco avrà 13 dunegon post-game, una grossa aggiunta se si considera che la versione originale non aveva alcun contenuto post-game.

In questi dungeon si troveranno le ricette per creare nuovi equipaggiamenti, anch'essi non presenti nella versione originale e sarà anche possibile usare delle super che prima erano di solo appannaggio dei boss.

Un'altra notizia è che saranno messe in vendita come DLC delle skin per poter giocare nei panni di molti altri personaggi dell'universo di Crystal Chronicles.

Questi includono Yuri, Chelinka, Leo, Chime, Sherlotta, Mira, Bel Dat e Layle.

Saranno presenti anche DLC di nuove armi.

Maggiori info e tante immagini nei due link qui sotto.

https://www.siliconera.com/final-fantasy-crystal-chronicles-remastered-edition-dlc-will-let-you-play-as-other-ffcc-characters/

https://www.siliconera.com/final-fantasy-crystal-chronicles-remastered-edition-will-have-13-post-game-dungeons/

Reinbach

LV

Iscritto dal
25 Nov 2009
Reazioni
Medaglie
Dietro le quinte su Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Remastered Edition (PS4, Switch e Smartphone)

Reinbach

LV

Iscritto dal
25 Nov 2009
Reazioni
Medaglie
Trailer di lancio di Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Remastered Edition (PS4, Switch e Smartphone)

Lleyton

LV

Iscritto dal
23 Apr 2020
Reazioni
Medaglie

Hanno annunciato FF16 :unsisi:

Non mi ha fatto una gran prima impressione, nei primi secondi pensavo fosse addirittura un qualcosa di legato a FF14, stessi modelli, stessa grafica. Aspetto di vedere qualcosa di legato al mondo di gioco e al gameplay

MFP093

Chooser of the Slain
LV

Iscritto dal
30 Dic 2009
Reazioni
Medaglie
APRITE IL CAZZO DI THREAD, BEST FF

Vincent 86

Moderatore
retrogames
jrpg world
LV

Iscritto dal
10 Gen 2009
Reazioni
Medaglie
Final Fantasy XI Reboot è stato cancellato ufficialmente:

Vincent 86

Moderatore
retrogames
jrpg world
LV

Iscritto dal
10 Gen 2009
Reazioni
Medaglie
Final Fantasy VIII Remastered è ora disponibile per iOS e Android:

ExDuelist

Guerriero Del Sole
LV

Iscritto dal
17 Dic 2011
Reazioni
Medaglie
Disponibile la traduzione italiana per Final Fantasy Dimensions (Android).

Vincent 86

Moderatore
retrogames
jrpg world
LV

Iscritto dal
10 Gen 2009
Reazioni
Medaglie