An epic adventure with the charm and pedigree of a classic JRPG, Astria Ascending tells an expansive story of fate, sacrifice and new beginnings.
The game was developed in partnership with publisher Dear Villagers and boasts contributions from world-class JRPG developers, with a score by Hitoshi Sakimoto (Final Fantasy XII, Vagrant Story), narrative by Kazushige Nojima (Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy VII Remake) and art from CyDesignation (Akihiko Yoshida and Hideo Minaba).
In a world where chaos looms, players take control of the Demigods—a motley crew of eight heroes charged with the fate of the world. Each character has their own story, explored across five cities, twenty-five dungeons and thirty hours of gameplay up to fifty for 100% of completion. Along with the finely tuned turn-based combat, players can try out a range of side quests and mini-games, including an original fantasy-themed token game.
- Epic Tales – Fight for the future while you reckon with the past; sacrifice everything, relinquish nothing. The story of Astria Ascending was developed in part by writer Kazushige Nojima, known for his work on Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy VII Remake.
- Living Landscapes – Travel the world of Orcanon, a richly imagined and fully animated 2D landscape with five cities and a dynamic weather system.
- Unforgettable Characters – Pick from eight customizable player characters spanning a range of fantastical races and skills, and assemble a diverse team of heroes.
- Rewarding Combat – Work together to save the world, waging strategic turn-based battles using the innovative focus point system.
- A Treat for the Ears – With music and SFX from composer Hitoshi Sakimoto (Final Fantasy XII, Valkyria Chronicles), Astria Ascending is a heart-swelling joy to listen to.
And below are tidbits from the developer interview:
- The game is priced at 8,580 yen for the standard edition and 11,880 yen for the limited edition.
- There is no mention of the developer, so it may or may not be Tamsoft (developer of the first Utawarerumono: ZAN).
- Oshtor (Haku) is voiced by Keiji Fujiwara / Kenataro Tone.
- The game is a reconstruction of Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth as an action RPG, including full voice-overs and new scenarios.
- A skill board has been added to character development.
- Chain attacks do not consume energy and can be used again after a cooldown period.
- There is online cooperative play.
- The theme song is sung by Suara.
- The base area is a mansion in Ennakamuy. In addition to story progression, there are RPG elements such as cooking, currency exchange that affects internal affairs and expeditions, and internal affairs management.
- There is a challenge dungeon called “Toranoana.”
- The special costume downloadable content from the original Utawarerumono: ZAN can be used in Utawarerurmono: ZAN 2.
- The PlayStation 5 version began development immediately after its launch, so while they have yet to fully grasp it, development itself has been smooth. It is a powerful device that they hope to continue developing for in the future.
- Utawarerumono: ZAN 2 lowers its threshold as an action game compared to the first game, allowing users to experience the action more easily.
- Adventure parts have been completely revamped. Everything uses 3D presentation to produce an animated story.
- Outside of the main story, there is a new scenario called “Legend of the Warrior.”
- Auditions were held for Oshtor (Haku)’s role in the new scenario. Since this is a character loved by both Aquaplus and its fans, Aquaplus decided to ask Kentaro Tone after careful consideration.
- Shield has been added for ally characters as well.
Annunciato Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story 2 per PC:
La pubblicità talvolta disturba, lo sappiamo!
Questo sito non potrebbe esistere senza qualche inserzione pubblicitaria, ma lavoriamo ogni giorno per rendere l'esperienza utente la più fluida ed interattiva possibile, e ciò vale anche per gli annunci promozionali. Non saranno mai invasivi od invalidanti, quindi ti chiediamo la cortesia di disattivare l'AdBlock per poter navigare. Grazie di cuore.