“Rudeus Greyrat, from what I hear, is also the name of the person who managed to
injure Orsted.”
If by “injure,” he meant I gave Orsted the equivalent of a paper cut, then sure. He and
Orsted must be acquaintances for him to know that much. I figured that this was the
case. Orsted was the only common link between Nanahoshi and the king of this
floating castle. Looks like I was right.
“Those with talent like you get overconfident in your abilities at times. Being able to
injure the Dragon God no doubt gave you an inflated sense of self esteem. However, if
you choose to fight me, death is all that awaits.”
In that instant, his familiars began radiating bloodlust. Please stop. I don’t wanna fight
any of you. I only came here to learn about Zenith’s illness and learn a little bit of
summoning magic.
Perhaps Perugius was under the mistaken impression that I’d fought Orsted as an equal
and that was how I wounded him. Still, he had twelve familiars here. I knew what their
abilities were, more or less, but only from what I’d read in books. That wasn’t the same
as seeing them in action on the battlefield. Plus, numbers were always a huge
advantage in a fight. That was what made zombies so terrifying—they were weak on
their own, but in large numbers, they could easily overwhelm you. If Arumanfi was
any indication, they were also all as capable as Ghislaine at least. To say nothing of the
abilities that Perugius himself possessed—no doubt he was strong too. There was no
way I could survive taking all of them on. I had no intention of doing so either.
“Of course, I have no intention of trying to oppose you, Lord Perugius,” I said.