Manca poco che Klobirillo si mette a piangere su Era
Ha mai smesso da quando è uscita la notizia?
[automerge]1644436493[/automerge]
Klobrille said:
You do realise you just compared indie titles to stuff coming from big publishers like Final Fantasy, Forsaken, Street Fighter, Deathloop or Ghostwire, right?
I honestly can not remember Xbox doing a big moneyhat like this after all the shit they got after Tomb Raider.
Klobrille said:
Well, then I don't think you've read my stance properly there. I said I read these things online, coming from Xbox fans, not necessarily agreeing with them. But they have to be taken seriously. Spider-Man was a multiplatform IP, until Sony stepped in and created exclusive Spider-Man games. If, now suddenly, Xbox would fund a theoretical Diablo 5 from the ground up, this would be exactly the same business decision. Sony also actively blocks certain games by third-party publishers coming to Xbox, another very common and valid complaint you can read online. I very much realise there are different background stories here, but these don't change the things happening on the surface and to the customer.
Xbox fans want to have a better understanding of Microsofts strategy here, to have fair expectations, and to know what the Xbox ecosystem is and will be about, and that something Phil even committed to in IGN Unlocked February 2021. That is only fair, no matter if you agree or not. I don't think their blog post today was clever and raised more questions than answers. Up until today, the stance of "everywhere where Game Pass exists minus existing contracts" made a ton of sense and I didn't see any remaining questions about it. Well, until today, which resets that whole discussion to zero.
On the one hand, Xbox acts like exclusives don't matter that much and this is all about playing the games on which ever screen you want. But then they come out at the Xbox x Bethesda Showcase with the biggest "EXCLUSIVE" banners on Redfall and Starfield I've ever seen in a presentation. There is an expectations problem here, and they have to be mindful about how to transparently share their strategy here.
