A Pirate's Life for Me
Moderatore
sezione xbox
LV

Iscritto dal
9 Gen 2012
Reazioni
Medaglie
D'accordissimo. Miglior adventure open world della scorsa gen per me.

Addirittura mi ascolto ancora la colonna sonora su spotify :gogogo:

Se insomniac facesse il 2 comprerei una ps5 solo per quello, ma dubito visto che sembra che sony voglia farli fare solo roba Marvel e Ratchet

luciopieracci

Divinità
LV

Iscritto dal
20 Nov 2003
Reazioni
Medaglie
Per me Sunset è stato il gioco più divertente che abbia mai giocato, che bei feels
che poi...ora che ho il pc...sunset e quantum break sono compresi nel gamepass giusto? quindi potrei rigiocarli e a grafica migliorata rispetto a una xbox One S no?
o la grafica è uguale?

Jack 95

Moderatore
sezione sony
LV

Iscritto dal
28 Nov 2009
Reazioni
Medaglie
che poi...ora che ho il pc...sunset e quantum break sono compresi nel gamepass giusto? quindi potrei rigiocarli e a grafica migliorata rispetto a una xbox One S no?
o la grafica è uguale?

Dipende dal tuo PC, e dal fatto che ancora oggi QB è pesante è un po' rotto come porting.

K_for_Vendetta

Apprendista
LV

Iscritto dal
1 Mar 2008
Reazioni
Medaglie
Non avendo uno sviluppo interno sono molto curioso di capire il partner di WE. Chissà se è ancora Relic

luciopieracci

Divinità
LV

Iscritto dal
20 Nov 2003
Reazioni
Medaglie
Dipende dal tuo PC, e dal fatto che ancora oggi QB è pesante è un po' rotto come porting.
ho un ryzen 5 , RTX 2080 e 16 gb di ram
Penso non mi crei problemi...
Tocca vedere s ela versione gamepass ha tutto quello che io avevo su disco (es la serie tv ecC)

zaza50

Capomoderatore
sezione sony
sezione xbox
LV

Iscritto dal
28 Mag 2010
Reazioni
Medaglie
Riprendo questo post perché ci sono nuove Info:

[parliamo dell'MMO di Mainframe studio, nome in codice "Pax Dei"]
"About two and a half hours into the podcast episode, Corden said: "I do know that Microsoft's working with a studio in Finland - or at least I've heard that they're working with a studio in Finland - called Mainframe making a cloud-native game." However, Corden explained beyond that they don't know any other details about the project."

Xbox reportedly working with developer Mainframe on cloud-native MMO

The project is apparently "the game of a lifetime"
www.gamesradar.com

"We believe that cloud-native games are poised to revolutionize the entertainment industry in the coming years, yielding entirely new gameplay experiences and business models," commented Andrew Chen, general partner at a16z, in a press release. "Mainframe's take on the future of immersive worlds aligns closely with ours, and we couldn't be happier to back their ambition to create a true next generation, cloud-native MMO."

"We believe that cloud-native gaming will fundamentally influence how we create games, how we experience virtual worlds and connect with each other," he commented to GameDaily. "For us, moving compute and storage to the cloud has myriad benefits. It allows us to support larger player populations, with higher fidelity shared simulations, more complex AI and visually immersive experiences that would simply be impossible on most of the devices most people play on today.

"We can build worlds that don't suffer from the same hacks that plague online games. Because the game's data is in the cloud, the world map and its secrets aren't easily uncovered. If developers could rely on secure game data, imagine how we could approach level design and online gameplay differently. And by targeting a single run-time in the cloud, we can spend more time and resources on improving the game experience than on the following the lowest common denominator porting strategy needed to reach the broadest audience of gamers today."

Cloud-native games studio Mainframe raises $8.15M for next-gen MMO

Thor Gunnarsson, CEO and co-founder at Mainframe, tells GameDaily that cloud-native represents a fundamental shift for the industry while insisting that crunch has 'no place' in MMO development.

Front-page_front_110320.jpg

Mainframe website: https://themainframe.com/

Stando a Grubb:
  • The project raised $23 million dollars from a round of funding but not from Microsoft but other investors
  • Grubb's understanding that the company backed out of any agreement with MS
  • No longer an Xbox Game Studios Project and will most likely be multiplatform

Fonte: Link

K_for_Vendetta

Apprendista
LV

Iscritto dal
1 Mar 2008
Reazioni
Medaglie
Don't think I agree with Phil on this one, because this is only secondarily about money, so I'm not sure he truly understands what Bungie really wanted.

As a developer working for a platform owner, you're obviously going to be limited to what benefits the platform holder the most. I think Bungie was interested in creating their own 'platform', a game that people can play everywhere, on every system, something where players are globally connected to one another. No boundaries.

That'd never be possible with Microsoft, even todays Microsoft. Would MS be okay spending hundreds of millions of dollars on a game that the developer then also wants to port to PS5, so that everybody can play together? I have my doubts.

I think Microsoft is in this weird 'between a rock and a hard place' position where they're saying that this is the vision that they want to see happening in the future, no artificial walls, no boundaries, but then they're not necessarily acting accordingly, I think mostly because the other parties aren't playing along. Microsoft would probably keep going into this direction if other parties would participate, as in, if Nintendo / Sony would allow some of their games to be playable on Xbox, but that's just not where the industry is at at this point. These corporations still very much believe in walled-gardens and are scared of change... so be it.

And I get Bungie - This is also one of the main reasons why we decided to make our next game with Private Division instead of Microsoft. We always got so many gamers saying that they love Ori, but hate that they can't play it on PlayStation. Well, why not? Because it was funded by Microsoft, hence they call the shots. Luckily, we got Microsoft to allow us to port Ori to the Nintendo Switch, but that didn't come for free and they probably only allowed it cause the title was small enough to not cause any fuss. Our next game has a grand vision where we want everyone to be able to play together, across all systems, where Moon owns the platform and the IP and we can steer it into the best direction in order to hopefully make as many people as possible happy without having to tell some of them that they're shit out of luck... cause business. I believe gamers don't necessarily care about the business part behind it all, they just want to play games that make them happy. And by creating a walled garden, you're directly or indirectly just fuming the flames of the platform-war hooligans who just want to see someone win and someone else fail.

I personally wish Microsoft would have the guts to just go through with their vision. Make their games and port them to ALL platforms, not leave anyone behind. The 13 year old kid whose parents were able to only afford to buy one system for their child now won't grow up playing Halo because Microsoft believes that it makes the most financial sense to leave PlayStation players out. How does that benefit anyone but Microsoft? Yeah, you'll probably sell a bunch more Xbox's, but you lose out on millions of potentially dedicated fans.

Show the industry that that's how you get the most amount of players to play your games. Didn't Minecraft show that that's the right way forward? If they'd do that, I'm sure pretty quickly everyone would follow suit, because usually all these corporations copy what makes the most amount of money... and on top of that, it's the best thing for the players out there.

Your goal as a platform holder should be that these games play the best on your box, not that you force people to buy your box cause you're creating an artificial barrier for other players out there who weren't able to afford buying the system you're making. I hope I'll live long enough to see the industry embracing this kinda openness.

Aha, why? Because you're literally just trading hardware sales vs. software sales. I believe software sales would make up for lost hardware sales. And Microsoft should care more about creating dedicated fans that love their games vs. dedicated followers that love their box. Whether you like it or not, your box is going away in the long run. Microsoft already allows everybody with a GamePass subscription to play their games on phones and such. So what's the difference? Just provide your service on MORE platforms.

So again, why exactly would they be 'the dumbest company in the history of gaming'? Love the hyperbole, btw.

opinione del tizio di Moon Studios

Olorin

LV

Iscritto dal
11 Set 2014
Reazioni
Medaglie

opinione del tizio di Moon Studios
L'opinione di Mahler si può tradurre solo in un modo: voleva fare più soldi, il discorso che fa sul fatto che Ms dovrebbe far uscire le sue esclusive ovunque per rispettare la filosofia di Spencer del portare i giochi a più persone è una scusa bella e buona (per non essere volgari)

K_for_Vendetta

Apprendista
LV

Iscritto dal
1 Mar 2008
Reazioni
Medaglie
L'opinione di Mahler si può tradurre solo in un modo: voleva fare più soldi, il discorso che fa sul fatto che Ms dovrebbe far uscire le sue esclusive ovunque per rispettare la filosofia di Spencer del portare i giochi a più persone è una scusa bella e buona (per non essere volgari)
Già in passato aveva fatto un'uscita "discutibile" parlando della possibilità di entrare negli xgs. Ora la questione che Xbox dovrebbe andare anche altrove per forzare anche Sony e Nintendo è ancora più scema. Alla fine con ori si sono dimostrati un team molto valido ma se queste sono le dichiarazioni e i sentimenti è giusto che vadano a portare il loro gioco a tutto il mondo. Poi dovrebbe pure spiegare come fa uno che non ci ha giocato ad amare Ori, sulla fiducia