LV

Iscritto dal
10 Gen 2009
Reazioni
Medaglie
Meglio SNES o Genesis?

4449.png

Disney's Aladdin

A long-standing debate exists over which of the two Aladdin ports - one for SNES made by Capcom and one for Sega Genesis made by Virgin Games - is actually the better version. Game designer Shinji Mikami, who made the SNES version, actually claims the Genesis port is better:

"If I didn't actually make [the SNES game], I would probably buy the Genesis one. Animation-wise, I think the Genesis version's better. The Genesis version had a sword, actually. I wanted to have a sword."

Mikami cites other problems for the SNES port besides the lack of bladed weapons. The cover art also did not include the "Genie" character, who is the most iconic member of the cast. This upset a lot of fans of the movie. Mikami said:

"Originally, the front of the Super Famicom package had a genie on it. Disney said no to that, so we had to move the genie to the back of the package in a smaller size. But the Sega version, they had the genie on the front."

According to Polygon and game director Dave Perry, who created the Genesis port of the game, the lack of Genie on the front cover could have had something to do with actor Robin Williams and his annoyance at the way Disney was using his character's likeness in promotional materials, such as video games:

"That put the use of the Genie as 'sensitive' during those discussions."

Dave Perry was happy to hear about how Shinji Mikami felt about his port of the game. Ironically, his opinion was opposite of Mikami's about both Aladdin games:

"I'm really biased as we made the original game and got Disney to deliver the animation. So I'd flip the quote, 'If I didn't actually make the Genesis version I'd probably buy the SNES one'."

Geddoe

Capomoderatore
retrogames
jrpg world
LV

Iscritto dal
27 Dic 2012
Reazioni
Medaglie
Snaaake :sottosotto:

1ucfG9F.png

When Logos attacks the party during the second mission of the game, one of the fiends that attacks will be a snake monster. Rikku starts the battle shouting "Snake, Snake, Snaaaakkkeee!"

This phrase is a reference to the Metal Gear Solid series, where it is often shouted by one of the characters during Game Over screens.

Geddoe

Capomoderatore
retrogames
jrpg world
LV

Iscritto dal
27 Dic 2012
Reazioni
Medaglie
...e giustamente avete deciso di tirarla fuori per Ascension :facepalm:

VHJtcdG.png

In David Jaffe's version of God of War III, Stheno, the third Gorgon sister, was planned to appear. Again, Kratos would decapitate her and use her head as weapon. However, after Jaffe left the team before the game was developed, the idea was abandoned and her encounter was replaced with Helios.

Geddoe

Capomoderatore
retrogames
jrpg world
LV

Iscritto dal
27 Dic 2012
Reazioni
Medaglie
Leggasi, giocate Tactis se non lo avete fatto :coosaa:

OxfkC11.png

Most of the Espers are based on the Lucavi in Final Fantasy Tactics, or other past bosses of previous Final Fantasy games. Twelve of them are associated with Zodiac signs.

Vincent 86

Moderatore
retrogames
jrpg world
LV

Iscritto dal
10 Gen 2009
Reazioni
Medaglie
Contenuti rimossi:

16082.png

Gremlins Unleashed

Inside the code of Gremlins Unleashed are a set of graphics showing cameo sprites that were cut from the game for fear of legal action. In particular
• Game Boy Color boxes of Playmobil Laura, Playmobil Hype: The Time Quest, The Road to El Dorado, Classic Bubble Bobble and the Game Boy Color itself
• Dolls of Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion, Agumon from Digimon, Pikachu, Eevee, Poliwhirl, and a Poké Ball from Pokémon, Hello Kitty, and RoboCop, as well as what appears to be the sprite artist's original characters who also appeared in Dracula: Crazy Vampire
• A book with Pikachu on it
• A statue of the presumably original character Marie Ange as an angel.

Geddoe

Capomoderatore
retrogames
jrpg world
LV

Iscritto dal
27 Dic 2012
Reazioni
Medaglie
Differenze :coosaa:

QhVsXWb.png

During the Ceres Space Colony fight with Ridley, hitting him enough will cause him to fly away. At the same time, he will drop the baby Metroid to the ground, before coming back down to pick it up. He will then fly away as normal and the self - destruct sequence begins as usual.

Geddoe

Capomoderatore
retrogames
jrpg world
LV

Iscritto dal
27 Dic 2012
Reazioni
Medaglie
Nonostante i difetti, resta un classico
inOfQgM.jpeg

Twilight of the Spirits received average-to-positive reception from critics upon release. It received praise for its battle system, interconnecting storyline, and music, but criticism for its voice acting, lack of sidequests, and balancing.

Vincent 86

Moderatore
retrogames
jrpg world
LV

Iscritto dal
10 Gen 2009
Reazioni
Medaglie
Asterix?

2536.png

Taz (Atari)

The game was released in Europe as Asterix, based on the French comic series of the same name, with all of the sprites changed and the player having to avoid lyres of Assurancetourix and collect treasures instead of bundles of dynamite and hamburgers, respectively. A limited NTSC run was made with that release now worth around several hundred US dollars.

Vincent 86

Moderatore
retrogames
jrpg world
LV

Iscritto dal
10 Gen 2009
Reazioni
Medaglie
Non può esserci Shantae con un altro protagonista:

2209.png

Shantae (GBC)

According to Shantae co creator Matt Bozon, during development of the first Shantae game, publishers were having a hard time accepting the idea of having a female lead character rather than a male character.

''The most common reaction to Shantae back in the '90s was "Hey, great looking game. But who do the guys play as?" Like, we must have messed up and put the "Player 2" character in the "Player 1" spot. It felt like our work was being dismissed for no good reason, and it made no sense to me. But eventually I came to understand that these people genuinely knew their markets, and that the game would probably not sell, and that was even more irritating. So, I feel like Shantae had to exist, even if it was just to reach out and see if there was an audience reaching back."

Shantae was later picked up by Capcom in 2002 and was released on the Gameboy Color.

Geddoe

Capomoderatore
retrogames
jrpg world
LV

Iscritto dal
27 Dic 2012
Reazioni
Medaglie
Una lettura diversa:hype3:

Bb6Rexh.png

In the Japanese release, after Death takes Alucard's equipment away from him at the start of the game, Alucard makes an exclamation of dismay. This was removed from the English translation and changed into the exclamation of "What!?" that was used instead, as the team felt his dismay sounded "lame".

The scene was intended to make Alucard appear to have slipped up by becoming familiar with Death, and come across as his acknowledgement of his mistake, rather than appearing weak and whiny as it did during translation.

Strider

Ninja Man
LV

Iscritto dal
24 Dic 2006
Reazioni
Medaglie
Meno nasone del solito :ahsisi:

In the port of Pac-Land featured in Namco Museum Vol. 4, Pac-Man's appearance was modified to have a smaller nose, like later promotional art of the character.

Vincent 86

Moderatore
retrogames
jrpg world
LV

Iscritto dal
10 Gen 2009
Reazioni
Medaglie
Ninja Dog Mode:

504.png

Ninja Gaiden

In the first level of Ninja Gaiden Black, if the player dies 3 times, the game will ask if they wish to "abandon the way of the Ninja?" After double verifying "Yes", a scene of Ayane coming to Ryu's collapsed body will play, unlocking Ninja Dog Mode, an easier difficulty setting. From then on she will provide additional messages throughout the game that won't be seen in a regular playthrough, with healing items and artifacts that make the game easier. Once per chapter, if the player (or an allied NPC) dies in this mode, the game will provide additional healing items. In addition, all Results scores will say "Ninja Dog", and the title screen will feature an image of Ayane instead of Ryu.

Geddoe

Capomoderatore
retrogames
jrpg world
LV

Iscritto dal
27 Dic 2012
Reazioni
Medaglie
Piuttosto famoso :pokidance:

KggPfkZ.png

Equipping a special obtainable item called the "Bear Ring" and activating the Pluto & Black Dog combo will change the main character, Nathan, into a cartoon bear known as BearTank from the game Rakugakids.

Geddoe

Capomoderatore
retrogames
jrpg world
LV

Iscritto dal
27 Dic 2012
Reazioni
Medaglie
Frasi a caso :yeahmini:

tAYFPmE.jpeg

L'originale più le due espansioni sono stati ripubblicati insieme come Sacred Gold, nel 2005. La versione Gold presenta alcuni difetti come frasi del manuale in spagnolo e non in italiano.