Reazioni
Medaglie

header.jpg

Scheda del gioco

Genere: Avventura, Indie
Sviluppatore: Thekla, Inc.
Editore: Thekla, Inc.
Data di rilascio: 26 gen 2016
Caratteristiche (Steam): Giocatore singolo, Achievement di Steam, Sottotitoli disponibili, Supporto parziale per i controller, Steam Cloud

Riguardo questo gioco

Ti svegli, solo, su un'isola misteriosa e costellata di enigmi impegnativi e sorprendenti.

Non ricordi chi sei o cosa ti abbia condotto qui, ma hai una possibilità: esplorare l'isola nella speranza di scoprire indizi, recuperare la memoria e trovare il modo di tornare a casa.

The Witness è un titolo per giocatore singolo ambientato in un mondo liberamente esplorabile con decine di scenari e oltre 500 enigmi. Questo gioco rispetta la tua intelligenza e il valore del tuo tempo. Non sono previsti riempitivi. Ogni enigma contribuisce all'esperienza apportando una nuova idea. In sostanza, è un gioco colmo di idee.

Requisiti di sistema

WINDOWS
Minimi
Sistema operativo: Windows 7
Processore: 1.8GHz
Memoria: 4 GB di RAM
Scheda video: Intel HD 4000 series
DirectX: Versione 10
Memoria: 5 GB di spazio disponibile
Raccomandati
Sistema operativo: Windows 7
Processore: 2.4GHz
Memoria: 8 GB di RAM
Scheda video: GeForce 780
DirectX: Versione 10

MAC OS
Minimi
Sistema operativo: 10.11.6 (El Capitan)
Processore: 1.8GHz
Scheda video: Intel HD 4000 series
Note aggiuntive: Metal support required
Raccomandati
Sistema operativo: 10.12.3 (Sierra)
Processore: 2.4GHz
Scheda video: Radeon R9 M370X
Note aggiuntive: Metal support required

Screenshots

ss_9c73ac83c8acfb69db6166f239fdba2ffa099b32.1920x1080.jpg
-
ss_6a7964a4dede8ad7d8b4e413e8b291defbbaa55b.1920x1080.jpg
-
ss_583fdbf6aa66a179d60a2261bab7b10c102e36e8.1920x1080.jpg
-
ss_05033717114ac8a697fbf45c149d26bb1cfc6893.1920x1080.jpg
-
ss_86c4e2f0fd7cc62d3bfbc4a6cd8f7423650610bb.1920x1080.jpg
-
ss_fabb0939200a1f2bbb40b775c8e07645f21dc44a.1920x1080.jpg
-

Video

Link utili

Sito Ufficiale
Pagina Steam
PCGamingWiki

Ultima modifica da un moderatore:

Sardello

Master of forum
LV

Iscritto dal
21 Mar 2005
Reazioni
Medaglie
Bella Train. Braid è uno dei migliori prodotti di questa gen. Molto curioso di saperne di più.

The_Train

Divinità
LV

Iscritto dal
18 Mar 2009
Reazioni
Medaglie
Il blog viene costantemente aggiornato dallo stesso Blow. La sua cartella degli screen...//content.invisioncic.com/a283374/emoticons/emoticons_dent1005.gif

screenshots.png

L'ultimo aggiornamento risale al periodo natalizio appena trascorso, in cui ha parlato dell'architettura del titolo:

This summer, we began working in earnest with architects, to bring further sophistication to the design of locations in The Witness. Before this time, we had a game that was fully playable, but buildings and the areas around them tended to be placeholders, developed only enough to make the basic gameplay possible. We began working with two architecture firms, FOURM design (for buildings and such), and David Fletcher Studio (for landscape architecture). Both firms are located in the Bay Area, so it’s easy for us to meet regularly.
When we sat down to start working with the architects, one of the first things we did was put together a history of the island where The Witness takes place: how long has the island been there? What groups of people lived there, and what kind of structures did they build? How did later civilizations use the structures built by earlier groups?

Quickly we developed a running theme of sites that are old and have over time been used in two or three different ways. When entering a new location, you probably first notice the most basic elements of its structure: where you can walk to easily, versus where you can’t; what puzzles or goals are calling for your attention, and what walls or doors might be preventing you from getting to them. If this is all you care about, you can then play through the area in a very utilitarian fashion. But if you have an eye for detail, you may notice the elements of modern construction shoring up the design of an older structure with a different purpose. The design of the new structure tells you something about what the newer guys were doing there, and how it differs from what the older guys were doing there. And if you look really closely, you can see traces of the original footprint of the site (perhaps these are very subtle, some bricks just rising above the dirt in a few places), and infer the purpose of this very old site too.

If you see the different civilizations that came to this island as embodying different philosophies; and you see the structures they built as representative of the way these philosophies led them to interact with the world; and you see further that when they replaced a site, it represents the rejection of some older worldview that they consider no longer useful, then perhaps you start to get some idea of the amount of backstory that can be encoded into the world, nonverbally.

All of this backstory is also directly relevant to the main story — who you are, why you are on this island, how you may get back home. So, to put it another way, the game is constructed so that the more you pay attention to tiny details during your travels, the more insight you will have to the central story, even though it may not be obvious at any given time what a particular detail has to do with that story.

Having smart architecture, it seems, really helps this process work, brings it alive. If you build a game where people are supposed to pay attention to details, but the details are wrong or naive or just don’t have much thought put into them, then at some level the game just won’t work. Even if you don’t know the first thing about architecture, you have been in enough buildings in your life that the deeper parts of your brain have distilled plenty of patterns about those buildings. Your brain knows the difference between a real building and a nonsense building that wouldn’t occur in the real world. It can feel the difference in veracity between carefully-thought-out structural details — on the one hand — versus stuff that was just placed by a level designer to look cool. When I showed a recent build to a friend, who had already played an earlier build of the game, he said the new structures made the game feel deeper, more serious.

I was a little surprised by this statement but should not have been, since really, that is what we are aiming for. Thoughtful design of these structures and landscapes gives the game further gravitas.

The most-recent issue of Game Informer printed an article that showed some of the first screenshots of the newly-architected areas appearing in the game engine. It is an interesting article; pick up the issue if you haven’t! They also put up a companion article online (but which not as extensive) here:

Summary article - GameInformer

The area featured in this article is the one that we have taken furthest so far in terms of modeling and texturing. Here are some other shots of it:
The Keep, before and after

keep_before_and_after.png

The Keep, close-up 1

shot_2011.11.15__time_14_32_n01.png

The Keep, close-up 2

shot_2011.11.15__time_14_33_n04.png

The Keep, close-up 3

shot_2011.11.15__time_14_35_n07.png

We’ve done basic planning for some of the other areas, so I thought it would be nice to show some screenshots of work in progress. For each of these, there’s a ‘before’ version (when we had a fully-playable game, but basic placeholder structures) and after (once we have incorporated the architects’ designs, revised the site plans and in some cases even the puzzles, etc):
The Compound, before and after

compound_before_and_after.png

Glass Factory, before and after

glass_before_and_after.png

Peninsula, before and after

peninsula_before_and_after.png

Vault, before and after

vault_before_and_after.png

Don’t regard these “after” images as representative of what the game will look like! They are still works in progress, and the final game will look substantially better: scenes like these will feel richer due to the placement of detail objects, further care put into the texture mapping and lighting, refinement of the still-rough-drafty terrain features around these structures, and many other bits of subtle game development magic. But I wanted to show these now since they provide a good taste of the game’s flavor, and they show how much structural intelligence is brought to the table by working with the architects. Yes, we could have started with the placeholder structures and made them more elaborate and better-looking, in a general video-game-level-design way, but that’s different from having well-thought-out ideas subtly embodied in the structures of the areas, which is what we are going for.

E' parecchio interessante, inoltre è incredibile la passione che mette nel suo lavoro.

LHRobs

Γνῶθι σεαυτ&#
LV

Iscritto dal
20 Set 2010
Reazioni
Ciò che Train consiglia è legge :mah:, ero già interessato prima di leggere l'Anteprima e ora lo sono ancora di più.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sharpinfinity

Signore
LV

Iscritto dal
25 Apr 2007
Reazioni
Medaglie
sto seguendo il progetto con trepidazione //content.invisioncic.com/a283374/emoticons/bzv7yXY.png

Sebaryu

Legend of forum
LV

Iscritto dal
9 Giu 2003
Reazioni
Medaglie
Interessante...

Väinämöinen

First of the Cuties
LV

Iscritto dal
17 Set 2010
Reazioni
Il blog viene costantemente aggiornato dallo stesso Blow. La sua cartella degli screen...//content.invisioncic.com/a283374/emoticons/emoticons_dent1005.gif

screenshots.png
Materiale hard? //content.invisioncic.com/a283374/emoticons/uhm.gif

Ctekcop

Legend of forum
LV

Iscritto dal
14 Dic 2004
Reazioni
Medaglie
ah Treno caro! ma come non facevi a non conoscerlo! comunque bravo che ti è salito l'hype fin da subito!

The_Train

Divinità
LV

Iscritto dal
18 Mar 2009
Reazioni
Medaglie
Here’s how the island looks right now. It is a bit crazy and messy, especially the stuff nearest the camera:
shot_2012.02.01__time_17_15_n01.png

This is because this corner of the world is one of the last areas that we haven’t really figured out, in terms of what goes where. There is sort of just some random stuff dumped there right now. That will change pretty soon.

Expect the next few island snapshots to show a lot of big changes. We’ve reached the point where the basic gameplay is settled, I’m refining many of the specific puzzles, and we’ve got at least rough drafts of many of the architectural layouts. That means we can start planning the island a bit better. Over the next month or so, we’re going to be changing the shape of the island to something a little more geologically plausible, something that carries more information. It’s going to be interesting to do this without disrupting the gameplay layout of the island too much.

The current puzzle count is 427. In January I scrapped and re-designed an area and its 60-or-so puzzles. The previous area was inside dark caves, which is a bit cliche, and the gameplay hook that motivated my setting that area in caves, which I had hoped would be cool, didn’t work very well. In addition, I felt that the puzzles themselves, while fitting into the rest of the game, were the weakest part of the game. I’d been feeling this way for a long time, but I didn’t have a good solution for it til late December. I moved the location and redesigned the puzzles. Now the theme of the location is totally different, has a gameplay hook that works way better than the cave thing, and is very cool. The puzzles situated in this area are also much stronger than before, because I found a way to change the rules of those puzzles to make them much tighter. They’d felt wishy-washy before (people would play through that area and, after finishing, lack clarity on what the puzzles were saying. That’s no good.)

We certainly could have shipped the game with the old area in the caves with the old puzzles, and probably shipped the game at least a month sooner, but an important skill in building a beautiful game is knowing when something just isn’t good enough.

Next I am going back to the endgame, which I did my first pass at last summer sometime; I’ve got a gameplay hook to add which I think will bring it over the top and make it extra-good. I’ll be working on that over the next few weeks while also working with the landscape architects on the island revision.

Also, we’ve got a new programmer starting soon (this week or next!) Combined with our other new addition, who’s been here a few weeks (Andrew Smith, ex-Zipper and -Oddworld; hi Andy!) we will have quite a bit of tech manpower to bring to bear on finishing this game.
Fonte:The Witness.net

I punti salienti, quella è un immagine che raffigura l'isola allo stato attuale di sviluppo. Ad oggi i puzzle sono 427, nel mese di Gennaio è stata rivista la "Dark Cave" e i relativi 60 puzzle ed hanno assunto un nuovo programmatore, ex Zipper e Oddworld.

Ctekcop

Legend of forum
LV

Iscritto dal
14 Dic 2004
Reazioni
Medaglie
Fonte:The Witness.net
I punti salienti, quella è un immagine che raffigura l'isola allo stato attuale di sviluppo. Ad oggi i puzzle sono 427, nel mese di Gennaio è stata rivista la "Dark Cave" e i relativi 60 puzzle ed hanno assunto un nuovo programmatore, ex Zipper e Oddworld.
:sbav: :sbav: :sbav: :sbav:

Väinämöinen

First of the Cuties
LV

Iscritto dal
17 Set 2010
Reazioni
As of now, The Witness's puzzle count is 440. Not bad... but is that good? Is that too many or too few? I suppose it depends on the length, variety, and difficulty of the puzzles.
Blow describes a recent playtest of two game areas, the endgame area and another, which took nine and a half hours to play through. He concluded that while he's been aiming for a 10-15 hour game experience, based on his current playtest "the whole game is ... ... much longer."

Blow says that The Witness will still go through a lot of editing and fine-tuning, but I can't think that people would mind an experience over 15 hours if it is engaging. If a lot does get cut, my fingers are crossed for an unedited or director's cut version of the game. That's what DLC basically is, right? And that island is shaping up pretty nicely, Blow & Co.
http://indiegames.com/2012/02/jonathan_blows_the_witness_has.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+IndependentGaming+%28Indie+Games%29

Mica male :unsisi:

Iron Maiden86

Esperto
LV

Iscritto dal
1 Ago 2010
Reazioni
Non ho ben capito cosa si dovrebbe fare in questo gioco, il gameplay non mi dice nulla :(

Chi mi spiega ? grazie

The_Train

Divinità
LV

Iscritto dal
18 Mar 2009
Reazioni
Medaglie
Stando a quanto riferito dal developer Jonathan Blow, la mole di gioco prevista per The Witness sta diventando sempre più corposa ed interessante. Sembra infatti che per completare due sequenze di gioco sia stato richiesto un tempo pari a nove ore e mezza. Sebbene, quindi, l'intenzione degli sviluppatori fosse di produrre un gioco dalla durata compresa tra le 10 e le 15 ore, l'impressione è che il prodotto finale sarà decisamente più lungo del previsto, con oltre 440 puzzle già realizzati.
Fonte:Spaziogames

//content.invisioncic.com/a283374/emoticons/Gab3.gif

The_Train

Divinità
LV

Iscritto dal
18 Mar 2009
Reazioni
Medaglie
The current puzzle count is 440.
As expected in the previous update, over the past week or so I went back and worked on the endgame again. I built an original version of the endgame last summer; I had one friend playtest it, and it worked out pretty well, though I felt it wasn’t quite epic enough. I didn’t know what more to do with it at the time, so I just let it sit, and went to thinking about other parts of the game.

Lately I had more ideas for the endgame, so I went into personal crunch mode and rebuilt into something more epic. This was one of the most productive periods of my working life (maybe the most productive) and I think this area, all taken together, may be the most interesting thing I have ever designed. However, it may be a little too difficult for the player, at the moment! Today I playtested this endgame and one other area of the game, with a game designer friend of mine, and it took nine and a half hours to play through these two areas (6 hours for the endgame, 3.5 hours for the other area). I think this is a little long, so I am going to be tuning these areas and cleaning them up a little bit. This weekend hopefully I can get in some playtest time with Jeff and Casey of Jeff and Casey Time, so if that happens we will see how it goes.

(It’s interesting; I haven’t done a playtest of The Witness for a while, but I was still thinking of it as a 10-15 hour game, and that’s what I tell people when they ask. But if these two areas by themselves, even after being cleaned up, are 6-7 hours of playtime, that means the whole game is … … much longer. Sometime in a month or two, I’ll do some playtests with people who have never seen the game before, and we’ll see how long it really is.)

Meanwhile, on the art side, we’ve been working on the style of the game; expect a future blog post as we come to conclusions on that.

Tech-wise, Andy has been working on performance stuff. First he made raycasting much faster; til now the game had been relatively lazy about spatial organization. Andy implemented a quadtree for finding entities in the world and enabled k-d tree generation and serialization for casting rays against individual meshes. (We had k-d tree code already as part of a library but weren’t using it.) Salvador is working on in-game animation playback, as well as exporting; until now we have been making do without animations, but once this is in the game it will help us with a number of issues.
Fonte:The-Witness.net

The_Train

Divinità
LV

Iscritto dal
18 Mar 2009
Reazioni
Medaglie
Qualche News:

witness_download.jpg

witness_played.jpg

I don’t want people out there to get too excited about these screenshots: this does not mean the game is close to release. You wouldn’t want to play it right now. But this will help us a lot when it comes to getting the game out to playtesters and keeping it updated.

For actually shipping our game off to Steam, we are using the new version of the Steam developer tools, and they are really good. The old stuff (which I had used for Braid) was serviceable but had a lot of undesirable things going on. The new stuff is exactly what you want: you write a couple of very small and easy to read config files, then you run a command and it uploads your game. This process is now fully-automated, which means developers can modify their game and push changes out to users faster and with less hassle than with any other online distribution service. (It is basically as fast as if you host the game yourself).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agosto 2010:

shot_2010.08.18__time_21_03_n01.jpg

Settembre 2011:

shot_2011.09.17__time_17_22_n01.png

Agosto 2012:

shot_2012.08.29__time_17_26_n01.png

shot_2012.09.15__time_12_58_n01.png

XeNoise

Liquid User
LV

Iscritto dal
15 Feb 2006
Reazioni
Sembra abbastanza noioso dal primo video gameplay. //content.invisioncic.com/a283374/emoticons/emoticons_dent1005.gif Dovrebbero aggiungere puzzle piu' vari, magari anche puzzle fisici diciamo.

The_Train

Divinità
LV

Iscritto dal
18 Mar 2009
Reazioni
Medaglie
Svelato il sistema di salvataggi:

Cartella -

streamsave-512x332.png

This loads all the saved games and thumbnails and pops them into a scrolling list at the top of the screen, in chronological order:
In Game -

shot_2012.12.02__time_19_36_n02.png

I just scroll to the one I want:

shot_2012.12.02__time_19_36_n03.png

… then press Enter to load that game state:

shot_2012.12.02__time_19_36_n04.png

It’s very fast to use and it only took a few hours to program.

528 Puzzle all'ultimo blog update //content.invisioncic.com/a283374/emoticons/sisi.gif

---------- Post added at 11:51:01 ---------- Previous post was at 11:50:00 ----------

Cominciata anche una limitatissima beta...//content.invisioncic.com/a283374/emoticons/1.gif

tease.png

Ultima modifica da un moderatore:

Il Don

Divinità
LV

Iscritto dal
30 Dic 2008
Reazioni
Medaglie
interessantissimo sto titolo

The_Train

Divinità